Help searching for a Series 3

I’m not sure if this is he right place to ask this, if not, sorry. Anyway, I’ve been searching for a really nice condition ‘low mileage’, Series 3 Jag.
What I would like to know is if there’s anyone around the Chicago, IL area that might know anything about a dealer by the name of Park Ward Motors in Crystal Lake.

TIA,
Roger
05 Zircon XJ8L
FL, USA

Roger -
Contact me direct. I have a 1984 Series III you may be interested in.

larrythackston@comcast.net

They look like a very good Rolls Royce shop, but for that money you should be able to find a pristine car in showroom condition. I‘d imagine.

Dave,

Thanks for the input. Funny you should mention ‘show room’. Pretty much how the seller has described it.

Pictures of the car can be seen here.

[
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=263923819206&t=1517256725000&tid=10&category=6274&seller=luxurynsports&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

](http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=263923819206&t=1517256725000&tid=10&category=6274&seller=luxurynsports&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0)Sorry for the extra long URL, TinyURL wouldn’t accept it.

Regards,

Roger Coole

rcoole6@tampabay.rr.com

Park-Ward is an outstanding honest company that specializes in Rolls Royce Silver Shadows. I bought a Shadow from them. Recently, they have begun to sell the Jaguar XJ6 (mostly Series III). You can absolutely trust them BUT their prices are high! I look at this way. Pay upfront and not have to worry or pay later after trying to get a cheap car up to a high standard (which most of the time doesn’t happen)!

Richard

s-l400-2

Richard,

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.

I’m considering a gray 87 Jag they have for sale. Are their prices negotiable at all?

Regards,

Roger Coole

rcoole6@tampabay.rr com

Yes, they will be negotiable…at least they were with me.

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Roger

Here are some points to negotiate Roger:

Varnish on wood is faded, separated from the wood around the Tachometer/speedometer and has cracks.
Needs to be removed and re-varnished, not a small task.
Center Console/Gear Selector panel is not original, different wood and colour from the rest. The original is a two piece setup.

Yellow Radiator Fan needs to be replaced with the updated Black Fan before it makes new designs on that wonderful hood.

Aftermarket Radio is hideous…

Nice car !!

Best
Aristides

Dunno about the price, but the car is gorgeous, in colors and condition.

But, brrr, I shiver at the mere glimpse of snow!!!

Carl

Aristides,

Thank you for your input.

Where could I obtain a new style radiator fan blade, Ebay?

Yes, radio has to go. Maybe I can pick up a working original style off Ebay?

Regards,

Roger

All the usual suppliers…
The Range Rover P38 Fan is a direct fit to the original Fan Clutch, (at least on the V12 but I think the clutch is identical with the 6) easier to find and much less expensive.

Unfortunately, the original radio, and the speakers, are very bad… that is if you want a decent sound quality by today’s standards…
There are other alternatives out there that fit the car’s character much better.
Depends how original yo want to keep the car.

That’s my Blaupunkt, almost same period, discreet, with an auxiliary input and a superb sound.

Interior

Best,
Aristides

Thanks. I’ll do some searching.

I like the looks of your Blaupunkt. Which model is it?

I also noticed you have some extra switches mounted. What do they do?

Regards,

Roger

Blaupunkt Miami CD127

1. Idle boost Switch, operates the Extra Air Valve, LED connected to Fuel Pump Relay
  2. Kick Down Switch, highly recommended !
  3. Digital Voltmeter
  4. Climate Control Air Recirculation Switch, combined with the Fan and A/C switches (you can see them on the right side upper console), known as the Bernet and Napoli mods.

Aristides

Roger,

That car looks amazing! The previous owner obviously loved it and took good care of it. I think ultimately that’s the most important thing when buying a used car, especially an old one. Try to find a car that the previous owner took good care of.

I don’t know what the asking price is, but this car looks about as good as you could expect to find. And it’s an ‘87, the last year Series III’s were offered in the US.

Regarding the look of the radio, that’s a personal thing. I think it looks just fine. I like to think I’m pretty picky and I like cars to look stock but as far as radios are concerned, functionality like Bluetooth calling and music streaming, greatly outweigh the look of a stock radio. If you show the car, concourse judges no longer deduct points for after-market radios as long as the installation is well done. They used to, but Jaguar eventually figured out people want new technology that links to their smartphones.

I’d love to hear if you end up buying it!

Cheers,

Danny

Danny,

Well, I did it.

Waiting to hear from the seller about title and when I can schedule transport.

Roger

05 Zircon XJ8L

FL, USA

1 Like

:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
phillip

Congratulations, Roger! Well done. If I was in the market, I think I would have bought it too.

Thank you! I had been looking for quite some time. This one just seemed right.