Help with identity of wheels

I live near a Jaguar dealership. In the early 1990’s, they hosted an ‘event’ in which a variety of brochures were handed out. One of them was for choices of ‘custom’ wheels available for various Jaguar models. One of the choices was the 15 inch lattice wheel, pictured, much to my surprise, on a series 3 XJ6.

And here is a picture of my former black 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas sporting a set of chrome-black XJ-S lattice wheels that I picked up along the way. I say “former” because I recently sold this car, with the original Kent Alloy wheels after about 10 years of ownership.

It was time to start paring down my Jaguar collection (I had seven counting the current parts car).

Paul

2 Likes

It’s new owner should be delighted. A real beauty…

Carl

What would my world look like without eBay? Dark, foreboding, without hope.
I was able to score a very nice set of the OEM, alloy lattice wheels.
The look I am aiming for is to change the "lattice " portion of the wheel to black. It is my understanding that this alloy material does not hold paint very well so I have a few ideas. One is to use some sort of an etching primer and then spray with a good black enamel. The other idea is to have the lattice portion soda blasted and then apply paint. Do either of these processes seem righteous?
I have also thought about having the lattice portion powder coated.
Do any of you have any experience with, or thoughts on, any of these ideas.
Thank you,
Please excuse my brain function, I stayed up last night and watched the entire 18inning world series game.
Phillip

The wheels are already painted and varnished Phillip, so if the varnish is in good nick they could easily be repainted.
I would go for black enamel, with the added benefit of being a DIY job.

Aristides