Help with wiring ignition amplifier

Hi '89 xjs (early year)
Have a decent spark after installing new ignition amplifier, still will not start…I checked fuel pressure at engine and it is strong. I can only believe I goofed on which lead that energizes
the ECU to operate the injectors. The amplifier has four, one to plus and one to minus of coil.
The other two should be the Ecu and Tach . Please give me the color code for each. (options are solid white, tri-color w/s/u, green, and g/w.). Previous clown cut off all fastening devices and left a mess. If it is still not firing I can only feel my ECU is faulty. (If it had a carb I could dump gas down and it would fire).
Thanks, Ivan (Sloth)

One point I missed back when I had ignition problems was how do you know you have spark? If your plugs are full of carbon (happens when you have many short or false starts) they short and whilst not sparking they give all the external signs they are.
I found I had to remove and clean the plugs numerous times during the resurrection.
If it’s not a juxtaposed wire I’d give that a thought.
Trev

Possibly the engine is flooded, will flooring the accelerator pedal cut off the injectors while you crank? Might be worth trying that.

The negative side of the AMP is a 3 way split (4 if you count the Zener diode). 1 to the coil, one to the tach, and one (also shielded for signal) to the ECU on pin 18). It’s a white wire with a black stripe, usually with an inline 6.8KOhm resistor inside a little white blob inside the AB14 amp block (it depends on the Amp). The amp will have from 2 to 4 wires coming out of it. Only one will be white (AFAI remember), which is positive. The others are for the signal split.

Blob seen here:

Paul K.