High intensity headlights 1970 Series II OTS

Hello E Type People
Anybody found LED or better really bright replacement headlights. My 76 year old eyes need something brighter at night to save the local deer population.
Thanks Jack

I used Hella housings and LEDs made by Beamtech. They will fit in a Series II. Not the only solution, but one that has worked for many.

The below thread gives some information on them.

LED Headlight Installation - E-Type - Jag-lovers Forums

I was using ‘Beamtech’ brand LEDs in my Hella H4 lamps and was happy with them, but I found ‘Fahren’ brand LEDs that are brighter than the Beamtech brand, and fit the lamps/buckets of my SII car and my XJ6. They were about $40 for the pair of LEDs. I don’t know how much Hella H4 ‘Eurobeam’ lamps are going for nowadays. The LED upgrade is a night and day step up in drivability.

thanks John

1 Like

Thank you Kassaq

I went with the Grote LED headlights on my series 2. Easy Peasy! Great results!

1 Like

me too

Amazing vision

At $165 each on Amazon, I would hope so.
Or am I just that much out of touch vis-à-vis the price of decent headlights these days?

1 Like

Thanks Dennis. Do you happen to know what model Grote and do I need a wiring adapter? Many Thanks Jack

Check your phone p.m: I’ve got a solution that cost way less than that.

plug and play/ Hardest part was getting the trim rings off. I like this solution because its totally reversible as far as “original” is concerned and pretty sure it puts a lot less strain on the electrical system. Results as outstanding. I was originally concerned about the silver bar that bisects the light from a cosmetically point of view, but in person you have to look twice to even notice.