"High Rate Of Speed"?

Yikes! “High rate of speed” seems to me like something of an under-statement:

Regards,
Ray L.

Into the SECOND story?

Darwin Award, with distinction!

Looks like a Farmer’s Insurance ad.

1 Like

Must’ve hit the curb, which flicked the car airborne. Like flicking a beer bottle cap with your thumb.

My totally uninformed, summarily judgmental analysis is that this is probably another case of a driver have more enthusiasm than skill. Perusing “Fail” videos on You Tube proves that it’s a common thing.

Most cases don’t end so sadly as this one, though

Cheers
DD

1 Like

At least the occupants were
a) not in residence
b) they have in house counselling.

1 Like

At the ages of 22 and 23 a Darwin award is a definite possibility. Another case of too much testosterone and not enough sense/experience.

Let’s not forget the altitude gained: that is worth honorable mention.

:grimacing:

Didn’t one previous Darwin award winner strap a JATO bottle to his car (an Impala I think) and launched it into the side of a cliff after it left the ground ?

Let’s not forget that, regardless of how dumb the driver and passenger were, two people, who very likely had people who cared for them and who they cared for, died in this accident.

2 Likes

Urban Myth???..

Urban myth… and the example that led me to Snopes.

…Wiggie… make that the amount of MASS that gained the altitude.

LLoyd

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

1 Like

Absolutely not, Robin. That is a true story that was around in the 60’s It was a Chevy then too…

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

You two are just trying to confuse me :frowning:

Yer an Kiwi: that’s an easy job, mate!

:grimacing:

1 Like

Looks like they failed to lower their flaps before landing…

1 Like

Not yet, we are still an independent nation (that hopefully will kick butt in the next Americas Cup boat race (again))
NZ Rules!!!

1 Like

I fixed my autocorrect fuddup…:grimacing:

One report said it was a Boxter. They re pretty underpowered, hard to believe someone could loose control and fly that high

One doesn’t need to have that much power, to attain a high enough rate of speed.