HMV Radiomobile

…priceless!!!

More fun from the factory publications, this one from Amendment List No. 1
There was a tow bar or trailer hitch for the Mark IV.
And there were over-riders.

Hi Rob,

Over-riders were very common on Australian cars though I’m not sure if they were Jaguar supplied or manufactured and fitted by distributors such as Brylaw Motors. Ed will know. They did serve their job well by preventing cars driven by errant drivers from destroying precious components on the front or rear of the cars. I have four which will be fitted to my car in due course. The only problem with those fitted in Australia is that in order to access the spare tyre compartment you have to undo and rotate them 90deg to gain access. I have noticed that there are different, more substantial versions, on other cars such as Allan Crouch’s car.

Cheers,
Tim

Ahh, then you need the rare and desirable swing-down rear bumper. :laughing:

Rumor has it that Walmsley wanted to market it as a road grader.

The over riders were Brysons, As were the fog lamp mounts. The fog lamps needed to be inwards to avoid the over riders. I personally don’t think they fog lamps look as good there, but the position probably saved most of them as the original meant they were first to arrive at an accident.
I do think though tha the Bryson sover riders were farbetter aesthetically. The Uk one slook like they were sourced from some Nuffield car or an accessory shop.
These days punctures are so rare that it’s not a matter of "over riding ''concern.
Personally I left them off mine
mkiv2