Horn not working

Horn not working , trying to find fuses ?& relay ?
Any help appreciated I have been on the forum & will start looking soon
Best regards T o all Ron.

Ron,

Since the horn electricals are quite different in the different series E-Types, you really need to help us help you by telling us what Series E-Type you have. Please also update your “My Cars” profile to include that same information. I also suggest that you do a preliminary search of the archives. There are numerous posts (some quite recent) on horn problems, which identify the fuses involved (2 of them) and location of the horn relay. As well as helping you solve you problem, I’m trying to help you help yourself…

-David

Hi David,1969 series 2 F.H.C. many thanks the horn & indicators are now both working due to the removal of gunge around the switch mechanism .
1 query i have is there are 2 T10(wedge) lampholders floating around the ignition switch , to cut a long story short I fitted bulbs & discovered they flash with the indicators Any thoughts ?
Keepsafe Ron.

They’re not the bulb holders for the direction indicator lamps are they?

Hi No the original indicator/indicator, lights are working normally .

The 2 extra ones have a T10 wedge type lampholder very strange ?

Keepsafe Ron.

Strange indeed. Presumably some addition made by a previous owner for an unknown purpose.

Mine was the horn relay. Get the wiring diagram n trouble shoot to isolate. Simple circuit n a good exercise.

Absolutely . I am going to use it /them for warning buzzers ,because the direction cancelation is a bit sluggish when going round slow bends & its also a reminder when i signal to change lanes

Keepsafe Ron.

Hi it was gunge on the direction & horn button assembly . Alls well now apart from tacho lights not working = bulb holders missing I have some to try , cant get get them from SNG Barratts , they are a different size to the speedo ,but the same size as the other instruments
Keepsafe Ron