Hosetail dressing

Rebuilding the HE V12 I can see a lot of pitting on the hosetail fittings for the hoses at the front of the engine. The fittings are just about good enough to keep using them.
Resulting mostly from lack of inhibitor in the coolant, courtesy of the PO.

However, most times I have rebuilt any kind of engine there is usually pitting. I guess that even if the hose is tight on the hosetail fitting, coolant will eventually leach into the area and cause corrosion.
So the question is: Any kind of dressing to stop or minimise this ?
I have Castrol rubber grease, Permatex standard and non hardening silicone gasket maker/sealer, and probably a few other things that might work.
Not sure I want to try anything that might be a solution worse than the problem. Of course anything you try is not likely to prove itself until 10/15 years down the track next time the engine has hoses replaced.

Offhand I’m thinking some sort of epoxy coating is in order. POR-15 would probably be an excellent choice. If you want to keep the original unpainted appearance, you could mask off everything other than where the hose attaches.

All things considered, you are right.
My can of POR-15 long ago turned to solid.
I do have a good epoxy primer, and epoxy finish.

There might be a business opportunity for somebody to come up with a specific treatment.
Generally the inside of the steel and aluminium hosetails on the V12 are not badly affected if the coolant has a good additive. The outside surface, under the hose itself, is a dead end and once coolant gets in there it pits the metal. In most cases it will be good for 20 years or so, hence car makers will not rush to use it. Those who work on old cars might be interested.