Hot start issue in Ireland

And if anyone is interested, this is the quality fuel check valve i use.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=85393&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya8exZMOd8w8yqnktt34nLCmQ63rSLPWiZdboMIsC8chmVIuVcVgA7hoCIawQAvD_BwE

1 Like

It dawns on me that, having a sedan, I already have a stand alone check valve. I’ll remove it and check it.

It’s in the upper right corner of this illustration, part number CAC2027

Cheers
DD

Yes indeed Doug, and mine was making a very irritating noise, so I’ve gutted it and installed an external check valve.

As I don’t have a thermal vacuum valve, the metal at the fuel rail used to sense the fuel temp is totally exposed.

I ran the car for a while and shut down parked in the sun (ambient 66F and sunny, warm enough for the problem). 40 minutes later, tried to start. Still did that little ‘pinging’ upon start, but it started, and again ran a wee bit rough for about 10-15 seconds. But no where near as bad as when there was no check valve.

I took some laser temp readings where the thermal vacuum valve goes, and this is what I got:

Before startup: 175F
After 10 secs: 125F
1 minute: 120F
2 minutes: 115F
5 minutes: 100F

If I remember, the thermal vacuum valve cuts vacuum to FPR above 155F. So it would have raised fuel pressure for a few seconds, maybe enough to get rid of my wee 10 secs of roughness? I’m definitely looking into getting one now.

FWIW, sat for 3.5 hours after shutdown: 115F. Started up/idled fine.

2 Likes

Hi All,

have a similar problem with XJR-S 6.0.
Starts fine when cold, but if left for 10-15 when hot wont start.
Checked the temp sensors they seem OK i.e read the correct Ohms

Then check the Fuel pressure regulator on the left side and it leaking fuel from the Vacuum connection
yikes.

Checking the parts book it seems to be part number EAC 6314, which I cannot find.
SNG have part number EBC2606 anyone know if its the same

Thanks Simon

My hot start issue has pretty much gone away since I replaced a flakey connector plug to the Coolant Temperature Sender (I wired in a new quality plug), and replaced the sender just in case it was flakey too.

Where are you located? Terry’s in the U S lists the EAC6314 part. And SNG Barratt says it crosses to the EBC2606.

France, so I can use SNG Barret France which happens to be just down the road from me

Thanks

Simon

BTW there are 2 different parts for the regulator, of course I got the wrong one.
One on the right is a threaded fitting, one on the left is a push fit jubilee clip.
part number EAC4864
so back to barretts tommrow.

If the one FPR was bad, the second would not be far from.
So not a bad thing to change them both.