How can I Subscribe to The E Type Forum

Seems basic but can’t find how to subscribe to the E type forum to get posts on new topics auto sent to me as they are posted. Thanks

Hi John. …are you already a registered member…if so you need to sign in to view all new topics…Steve

Thanks. .Bummer., I thought that you could sign up for instant messages whenever someone posted a new topic rather than having to log on daily to see whats new.

John - that technique (with either an email for each new post or a daily compilation of all posts) was used on the old bulletin board. The vehicle that supported it was getting long in the tooth and required continually upward-spiralling IT efforts to keep alive.

The new (current) vehicle is much more stable, the program is bug resistant, and more resilient to spam attacks and such. It also better handles quotes from previous posts/threads and – more importantly as our Jags age and restoration projects proliferate – posting of photos.

I’m sure I missed / exaggerated some features - an I/T smart-guy may chime in with corrections / comments. – Craig

1 Like

John,
I am primarily an email user of Jag-Lovers and get a new email each time someone posts to the several lists that I am subscribed to (up to a maximumof 100 posts per day). I occassionally use the web interface, primarily when I am starting a new thread or posting pictures.
I don’t recall the exact steps that I followed to start the emails flowing, but I went to the Jag-Lovers website scrolled down the list of forums until I got to the “How To Do” section, scrolled down until I found the instructions of how to subscribe to emails, and followed that. That was several years ago after they transitioned from the old website to this new one, so the details are a little bit fuzzy. :grinning: But check out the “How to Do” section and you should be able to subscribe to emails like I have.

Paul

Go to your avatar, profile, preferences, account, emails I believe you can do what you want there.

Tom

1 Like