How do I find out car options?

So I noticed before that I have a bracket and plugs for front fog lights and a switch too. How can I find out if it would have actually had them added when bought? Also curious about a couple of other things that a build sheet might help with. Is there a database by Vin somewhere?

I was able to get a list of options that my car came with from the trust

It was different from a heritage certificate (just lists build date and numbers), and you had to email them and ask. It cost £50, but worth it to me.
They hold the build records at Gaydon so you might be able to visit and check yourself.

You could always try a Jaguar dealer, but with new privacy laws they are not always keen to tell (don’t know why not as no ones data is being passed!).

Peter

1 Like

I’ll look into it! I could visit and ask, but since I’m in Pennsylvania, USA, the 50 would be worth it lol

1 Like

Jason, do you have the switch bank with both fog lights (front/rear) switches on the same panel on the left side of steering wheel? If so, you had both. If not, the rear fog light is on the right side?

Gordon

My switches are on the right side, lhd, but yes, I have both switches

here is an old list (about 1988) of dealer options

1 Like

Ok so I did some looking today. The connectors that I had seen up front are purple, and the mounting holes definitely had something in them at some point. I tried my buttons and didn’t get anything. Then I turned on my lights and tried my rear fog. Yes it definitely turned on. Then I pushed the front button and the button lit up. I checked with my multimeter and no power at the left purple connector. Then I looked at the right side and didn’t see the connector. I fished around and found the other purple, but also a yellow connector! I tried my multimeter on the purple, nothing. Then I thought what the heck and tried the yellow one, still nothing! I thought well let me check the fuses. They had some corrosion so I cleaned the fuse. I tried the button again, still with the lights on and still no power on the purple ones, but hey! The yellow one has power! I pushed the button off and the power died! On again and yes power! So I started looking around for a yellow connector on the left side and can’t find one! So my questions are, what are the purple connectors for, and should I have a left yellow connector somewhere?