How do I remove windshield wiper arm

Sorry for such a rookie question but I’ve had my fill of trying to remove parts and damaging something in the process.
With that said, how do I remove the windshield wiper arms?
I do not see any screws and I realize the large nut doesn’t hold the arm in place. I did notice the small tab that I highlighted in red in the second photo.
I didn’t want to disturb anything without knowing for sure if that tab is involved. Thanks in advance for the help.

Put a small straight bladed screwdriver under the spring tab and give it a twist - anticlockwise in your picture. It should move up and away from the mounting and permit you to pull the arm clear. It will become clear how it retains the arm when you look inside.

1 Like

You may have to wiggle it a bit to work it free. Expect it’s been there for a long time!

Paul - you’re the man!!!
Thanks for your help. It sure was a little stubborn coming off but now all is well.

Better a bit stubborn than have one fly off during a drenching thunderstorm outside of Sweetwater, Tx. Never happened to me but a friend told me about it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Mine decided to head back to Coventry while driving south on Highway 101 on the coast of Oregon in heavy rain. I now carry a spare.

1 Like

Fortunately, the road was pretty deserted for me and I wheeled it around on the two-lane, picked it up and left it off until the next day as I left the hotel. Same storm I told my wife “we’ll leave the top down, as the rain will pass over us driving at 60+. But that only works in a light rain. This turned out to be a toad strangler.