How does one leave the Pub?

Is it that song or do you not like the Eagles in general, John? I like them a lot, including that song. Great chord progression, and lead. Felder’s guitar has 18 strings, which must make Wiggles jealous. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t realise one of the members was a refugee from Pink Floyd :joy_cat:

Yes, that one too.

Both.

And you really want to leave the pub?

1 Like

I know: he’ll miss all this insightful banter.

But, anyone who doesn’t like The Eagles?

Who needs’im?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I decided to stay and just continue to mute the whiney topics that hold little interest for me.

By the way. Who died and left you as the final arbiter of musical taste? :man_shrugging: Who needs that? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You?

You… who thinks hamburgers are a king’s delight?

HAH!!!

:grimacing:

Oh come on, everyone. Let’s get along. The Eagles are fine. Low volume for some, higher volume for others,
and switched off for the big Lebowskis among us.

But we can all agree the Grateful Dead royally suck, right?

Please pass the Beer Nuts. :grin:

Sleeping Jesus, where’s the ignore function?

1 Like

Some… not all. “Touch of Grey” still remains one of my faves.

When Jerry was with “Old And In The Way,” I liked him better.

Now Dylan? I’d rather listen to cats mating, than Bobby Zimmerman singing.

Someone else songs his stuff–like we do–fine.

Really John?!!! :scream: I’m afraid to ask what you listened to back in the late 60’s and early 70s.😵‍💫

OMG! Both of you! Paul and @tommykat1 :sob:. Next you’ll say that Clapton sucks as well! Y’all must be be a lot younger than me, although I know John isn’t.

2 Likes

To quote the famous graffiti sprayed on a wall years ago, “Clapton is God.”

Beatles, Steppenwolf, Cream, Guess Who, New Christy Minstrels, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, The Byrds, Dusty Springfield, etc, etc., etc. And movie soundtracks and some classical.

2 Likes

Well , my opinion has improved a bit, :wink:

By the way, just asking, but, are we in the Pub, or is this some kind of laff-a-minit purgatory?

Most would be mine as well John. So what is you reason for despising the above mentioned? Other than they have been overplayed to death.

Love 'em all!

But…the Grateful Dead. I just can’t go there. Sorry!

Got the GD channel on my Sirius. Different strokes. 🤷

1 Like

Same reason I don’t eat mudbugs, I just don’t like them. :man_shrugging:

We saw the Grateful Dead in St. Louis in maybe 67 or 68. They were the opening act for the main event, Iron Butterfly. Three dog night was also on the bill, IIRC. I never cared for the GD.

How many of you can say you saw the Lemon Pipers live, or The First Edition, with a fairly unknown Kenny Rogers?

1 Like