How MUCH Power Steering Fluid?

Been trying to find out how much fluid is in the 5.3 system … Scoured the factory service literature (inc. the “capacities” section) and cannot find it anywhere in there. So, if I were going to flush my system, how much fluid would I need to refill it - one bottle, two bottles, three? :confused:

Just had my pump overhauled at CW and a new hose, it took about one whole bottle to fill.

Buy a bunch. The fluid is the same as the gearbox so you will need to top that up at some time?

You mean auto trans? Superblue has an automatic … [quote=“motorcarman, post:3, topic:383337, full:true”]
Buy a bunch. The fluid is the same as the gearbox so you will need to top that up at some time?
[/quote]

You mean auto trans? Superblue has an automatic, not manual. I’ve heard that auto trans fluid can be used in a pinch for the PS, but never the other way around … :confused:

The FIRST Jaguar I know that used a different PAS fluid was the 2000 S-Type.
We were issued ESSO 998 and it had a FORD steering rack.

All the other Jaguar PAS systems use DEXRON of some sort. (the 1990-92 XJ sedans with SLS used the HSMO but you can use DEXRON when the SLS is deleted)

Jaguar parts dept issued Mobil Premium ATF for ALL OTHER PAS systems when I worked at the dealer.