How to remove a glass window from its window channel (in the doors)

Hello everyone,
I am in the final stage to bring the car to the shop and I need to remove all glasses and glazing. I amencountering an issue to remove lateral windows that are presently stuck in their window channel and rubber seats.
Does anyone ever done that (without beaking the glass :rofl: :rofl:) and how ?
Thanks for your input
Bertrand

Bertrand,
When I parted out three Series III XJ6 parts cars I removed absolutely everything from those cars including the windscreens and door glass. I followed the detailed instructions on how to remove the door glass provided in the Jaguar Series III Service Manual. There was a lot more to it than I expected and the door glass was very complicated to remove. Thankfully I did not intend to reinstall it because it was so difficult. So take lots of pictures and notes on how you do this because you will need it later.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Tanks your feed back. I obviously take a lot of pictures for… everything !
My problem is pretty much “simmple”: how to “unstuck” glass seats from their glass !!!
Cheers
Bertrand

Bertrand,
Have you tried using a paint scraper that has a razor blade in it? I got these at a local hardware store and use them regularly on house and car projects. They are great for cleaning up glass.

Paul

Seen these Paul? Sorry for the thread drift but I find these nylon razor blades great for jobs where you don’t want to scratch things that aren’t as hard as glass. Like plastic or painted surfaces.

nylon

Robert,
Thank you for this information. No, I haven’t seen them before and I will keep an eye out for them and projects where I might need something like them.
BTW, I have a contest with my younger brother that we call “He who dies with the most tools wins”. I think he is a bit ahead of me after all the tools that I sold or gave away ahead of my move from California to South Carolina. So I need to pick up the pace a bit and these could help. :smirk:

Paul

I was surprised how complicated things were when I went into lube everything. eesh.

I have dismantled enough doors to know you must take sequential digipics of every fastener removal, and some videos with commentary that explain you have to tilt parts (especially the glass) at exactly the right angle to get it out

If you dont do that and/or have a spare door to study, you will have a hell of a time getting one back together

Thanks Tony!