How to remove Mk2 manual gearbox

Does the engine have to be removed to replace the clutch in a Mk2 jaguar

I believe yes unless like my converted Auto to manual ‘S’ type (same cabin essentially) the auto tunnel is larger.

(Am following closely as I intend to replace my auto for a T5 and had not considered having to remove engine to do so)

I remember doing a Mk1 many years ago and we cut a piece out of the tunnel for the starter shroud on the bellhousing to clear.

That’s probably a goer as I said the Auto tunnel is bigger than the manual. That said I haven’t seen a T5 in real life so nothing to compare.

its in the archives but removing the engine is no big deal if you take it (just lower it) out the bottom. the front suspension beam comes of with just a few bolts to remove.
regards

Ya, I just am in a smaller garage and have the engine running perfectly and dont want to mess with it. I’d rather work around a tight space than have to disconnect the crossmember, the carbs, the exhaust, etc. etc. I’m confident I would make more problems for myself doing that.

Bellhousing upper nuts are so close to firewall, that you can not get any tools into them. At least you have to tilt rear of the engine down little bit (be careful not to brake anything). Dropping engine is not so bad as it sounds.

Couple of photos and stories how it was done in very small garage at:
http://www.elisanet.fi/kopik/jag/restor06.htm
Köpi

Hello Kopi,

Thank you to you and all the others that have answered my question re- replacing the clutch. I have a small garage as well and your pictures are big help. Thanks again./Mitch