How to wash as XJ-S

I was looking at YouTube and saw where the algorithms had recommended a new video.

It’s by one of the numerous you tubers who post on anything. This guy apparently posts on how to wash cars. I would have immediately moved on except the car he was washing was a Jaguar XJ-S. Not only that it bore an uncanny resemblance to my (since sold) XJ-S.

In looking at the video, it took me a while to warm up to the rims, and the leaping Jaguar on the hood was a bit much. (smile) Otherwise I thought the car looked great.

For those interested the YouTube url is below:

Just for reference I dug up and old photograph of my (since departed) car below

3 Likes

The wheels I like. The leaper, on an XJS? No. Not ever. Hanging’s too good for them.

Those wheels look very much like the ones on the Bullit Shelby Mustang, and yes I like bigtime.

I immediately thought of yours too!
How incredible that would have been.

Hope you are well Bernard.
Still regret allowing yours to get away and hold onto your helpful web pages.

Another “goodfella” is selling his S1 XJ6 in the classifieds now.
Been on it, seriously, however as he is in Canada makes it a bit too tricky for me in a variety of ways. I’ll regret letting it get away too.
Motor gone through, TH700 trans upgrade…great color and interior.
Would sure save me time. sigh…
Seems I’m going down with the ship with mine. No easy way out. I need to step up already and stop trying to find a way out!
But there are so many deals these days on these cars, who can blame me!

Yes, the twits who place those leapers on the hood should be smacked.
I noted an XK8 with one on BaT recently for Heaven’s sake. I mean really.

Best
Paul

I’m pretty sure the wheels on “bullit” were Crager.
clear Aluminum rim with Gray five spokes.

(quote) I immediately thought of yours too!
How incredible that would have been.
Hope you are well Bernard.
Still regret allowing yours to get away and hold onto your helpful web pages. (unquote)

I know right!
I thought for a brief moment that its was my old car with different wheels. But when I saw the old fog lights i knew it was not. (smile)

In defense of leapers… dealer options

Dealers would have put a Mercedes hood ornament on there if they could make a few bucks doing it.

How can you do sucha’ horrible thing? Regardles of global water shortages and upcoming, horrible future for your grandchildren - you’re probably aware that your Jaguar hates water. That’s right - not many people know that their XJS was meant to be released on the market in South Sudan under the name MWC, later deemed marketing failure - it was re-branded to Jaguar as an irony of the creators and with even bigger sarcasm released in UK. So, from MobileWaterCollector - to animal that hates water…
You should do what needs to be done - not what looks better in the eyes of your neighbours.
I wash my Jag in Boeshield T9, with addition of XCP and Dynax S50. Just look how beautiful are the autumn colours on the bodywork, how lovely arranged with every fingerprint left on it, and the smell when it’s getting hot… The real smell for real men. In opposition to creepy owners spending entire month to hook-up additional piece of kit to the steering wheel or worst - to customise steering wheel itself, ending with their Jag looking like Christmas tree on 4th of July… Allow the rain to wash it for you if you really want that. Even if you live in Dallas…

Spam? Kvetch?
Time to take your meds?

Your profile and website leave me at a loss.

… don’t forget to put the cork back on the fork btw.

3 Likes

Demian, no need to make it personal. Remember, what sits on your driveway is just a thing…

I just can’t understand the love for a leaper AND a growler. I’m a growler guy, but for heaven’s sake, if you want the leaper, then just replace the growler! Having them BOTH on the hood looks terrible!

1 Like

I put mine on without drilling new holes., I prefer the sculpture to bas-relief.

I like the growler. On my XJR-S it is the only thing on the outside that “says” Jaguar. I was once asked by a couple of older ladies what the car was, and I had to tell them. One of them was very curious and made a close examination. She was partially sighted, I guided her hand to the growler on the bonnet. “Ahh, very nice she said”.