Hubcap Color Question

Question for those of you owners who own or have owned a Kingfisher Blue color XJS:

What color were the OEM growler hubcaps?

Superblue’s came with caps that appeared to be dark gray, but I don’t think they were the OEM ones. I have looked all over the web, and although the caps are offered in several different colors I don’t see anything that approaches the Kingfisher Blue (i.e. aqua) color. I’m wondering if they were never made in that color. I like the idea of caps that match the car’s body color, like I have seen with other '94 XJSes. :+1:

I’ve seen hundreds of XJS from 1976 - 1996 and have never seen any with center caps that were blue. Same for XJ6, series 40 and the XJ8, And the XK8, Did I miss any?
Try Moss Motors. They were selling replacement center caps for over $80.
Check if they have any blue but I doubt it.
I never used my red center caps and they are still in the sealed bags.
My email is kaput so PM me.

I put red center caps on my red '83. My understanding, though, is that Jaguar used the center cap colors to indicate the MY, not to match the body color.

Thanks, Even after years here, I learn something new.

On a starfish wheel, the stock color is black. From what I’ve deducted by the wheels and years, I think the color depends on a couple of factors.

1. the wheel
  2. the trim package
  3. the model year

For whatever that’s worth

Mark

Mark,
There is another factor, the Prior Owner. Since OEM and aftermarket hubcaps come in a variety of colors and are easy to change, almost anything is possible.

Paul

1 Like

I wondered about that, too, Kirby. Looking at Jags for sale on Ebay over the years, it seemed like ones (models) of a similar year had the same color caps (except for the odd one that i guess was changed by a PO or current owner). :pensive:

My 88. has black caps on black car…I put red jewelled air valve caps on tires and get occasional good comments on them…just a subtle color accent.

1 Like

My 95 sapphire blue coupe has ruby-red caps.