I also have lots of parts. I have a complete 1985 XJS 5.3 parts car in driveway

I picked up a 1985 XJS V12 last year and it is sitting in my driveway. I found the car in a field where it had been sitting for about 14 years. Keys were lost so I had a heck of a time getting the doors open to get it on a flatbed (not that they would have probably opened even with a key). Once I got the car home, I found probably 20 grand in repair receipts for the car in the glove box (all work done a few years before the car died). So basically, I have a lot of parts and probably won’t need a good portion of them. The car had an engine fire in around 1999 so most parts on the top of the engine look to have been replaced at that time. The wiring harness looks newish as does the radiator and it even has Tefba filters installed! Someone also modified the intake housings (they did a really good job) and ran cold air through the back of the headlight buckets. The transmission was rebuilt close to the time the car was parked. The interior is pretty much shot, the window seals were leaking and basically the interior of the car turned into a moss and slime forest. Body is now fairly rusted from the inside out, so not really worth saving the car. I had a new set of keys made for the ignition threw a battery in it and got the proverbial thunk as the engine is seized, also found coolant in the oil filter when I pulled it (probably why the car was parked). I haven’t really gotten to tearing it down yet, but had planned to keep some of the parts and sell the rest, so if you have a need, let me know. Thanks.

Where are you located?

Near Seattle Washington, so if you are outside of the U.S. shipping might be expensive.

Hi Matt,

I am interested in those intakes and possibly some other stuff, maybe I could get you to take pictures of a couple of things.

I’m not sure how shipping across the border would work but I doubt it would be too pricey as I’m not far from the border in BC

I am in need of a coolant crossover pipe if yours is decent (the pipe across the front of the engine that has the filler tube/cap on it).
I have an ad in the XJS classified section looking for one… https://www.jag-lovers.com/?page_id=206&id=79

Sorry I have been off for a bit. So you would like a picture of some intakes? I can do that. I have two sets. One is still on the car and another set I started to disassemble with the purpose of new gaskets in the overrun valves etc.

I have two coolant crossover pipes, one on the car and one I had fabricated that is made out of copper tubing. I had it on my Jag before I swapped motors and it worked great. I can take pictures of both once I yank the one off the car. I will work on getting that done in the next couple of days. Thanks.

I also forgot to mention I am up in North WA all the time for work. I am as far as Blaine every few months and am in the Marysville area every few weeks. We could possibly meet or something.

It’s the modified intakes I would want. As for meeting up I was foolish enough to let my passport expire, so I will be needing to go through the whole process again before such a trip could happen.

Shame as I have been itching to take the car on a short trip

I’ll look forward to seeing pics.

Wayne

Does it have european headlights? I need the passenger side plastic chrome frame that goes around the headlight.

Hi Matt … which harness are we talking about? Distrib/ plug harness? If it’s in good condition I’d be interested

The entire harness under the hood is in very good condition compared to what is under the hood of my car, no real cracking and the wires still have some bend in them. As I think most of this harness was replaced due to an engine fire, I would assume that is why it is in such good condition.

No it does not have European headlights. Standard boring round ones. Thanks.

What $ would you be looking for for harness ? Do you have a pic? Send me an email spokewheeljag@icloud.com

Hi Matt the (rubber ?) injector caps have to be in good condition… I’m still very very interested

Boring round headlights are best headlights!

I’d be interested in buying several things. If they’re in good shape. Could shoot a few pics of these.

Chrome headlight surrounds
Chin spoiler
Undertray from chin spoiler
Chrome bumper blades

Looking for 85 XJS ecu

You have ?? $$ ??

AAV automatic air valve, no good OK. $$ ??

Alan

Always looking for 16cu ECU units, call me at 559-313- 5410, thanks for your kind reply and offer to help the folks on the list, Best, JW