I am looking to purchase one centre wheel piece with a Silver Jaguar head. Can anyone help me

Have you tried the usual parts suppliers? SNG, Coventry West, Everyday XJ?

Kevin
Lithgow AUS
83 XJS “Carmel”

NO i HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM BUT i WILL BE LOOKING THEM UP NOW.

82JAG,

There are two Jaguar part numbers for the hub cap itself, CAC9820 and C42190. The Jaguar logo badge is part number C42191. This information comes from the Jaguar Series III XJ6 Parts Catalogue, a very helpful document to have when you are looking to buy parts. And what XJ6 owner isn’t looking for parts. :wink:

This is an international list so it would be helpful to know what country you live in for others to recommend sources for you to purchase these parts. The sources provided by another lister will be helpful if you live in the USA, but not necessarily so if you live in the UK or Australia (or ?).

Regardless of the country you live in, you will find these parts on eBay, which I use regularly to buy and sell Jaguar parts. Just search for “Jaguar XJ6 hub cap” and you will find some new ones and some used ones. I had a bunch of extra hub caps with badges from the two XJ6 parts cars that I have, but I sold all the extra ones that I had on eBay several years ago. These hub caps are lost regularly by XJ6 and XJ12 owners, so you are not the first one to need a replacement one. I suspect that the primary culprit are tire shops that don’t put them back on correctly or who bend the clips on the rear, when the wheels are installed after new tires are mounted.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Agree, location would surely help as to advice.

Here, I looked for a clue. Centre as opposed to center? Not USA? But, Oz or UK or anywhere else on the planet…

Carl,

I have a pic of what you need, The part numbers are on the parts I have in my box-o-parts.
The ones I have are silver but I have seen the gold ones.

You need to assemble the 2 parts (Use Adhesive) as they come separately.

bob

Carl,

Because of the use of “centre” and not “center” in the subject line my first impression was that “82JAG” lived in the UK or possibly Australia. Or, could it have been a typo?

Hopefully 82JAG will write back so the list can provide advice on where to get these parts in the continent/country where he/she lives.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

You picked it buddy I live in Australia.

Eddie

G’day mate,

There are a number of members on this list who live in Oz. Hopefully one of them will chime in about getting Jaguar XJ6 parts in your part of the world. I have sold several parts from my XJ6 parts cars to buyers in Australia and I know that the shipping can get expensive. Hopefully you will be able to find a supplier closer to your home than the USA sources already provided.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Eddie

You can try JagDaim, Jag Prestige Spares or Mike Roddy Motors all in Melbourne. Jagara Spares are in Sydney. I can’t remember who the Brisbane ones are, Not sure of suppliers in Adelaide or Perth.

HTH
Kevin
Lithgow AUS
83 XJS “Carmel”

Eddie,

It is Interesting that the Jaguar Classic Parts website shows the CAC9820 (Badge Retainer) and C42191 (Badge) in stock. So you might be able to get them through them or even a local Jaguar dealership if there is one nearby.

Here is their website in Australia if you are interested in trying that:

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/au

I like to shop around for parts, and sometimes the local dealership here in San Diego can provide parts at competitive prices. I have purchased dozens of parts from the local dealership parts department.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Could I buy just the Jaguar Head without the other part if I can can you advise cost including postage.

Eddie

I was not soliciting a sale. I need a few myself for a complete set.

http://www.jagbits.com/product/CAC6502.html

http://xks.com/i-6918388-jaguar-wheel-badge-xj-40-hub-cap-ja-cac6502.html

Jaguar XJ40 XJ6 Wheel Badge / Emblem CAC6502

$ 11.00

Jaguar XJ40 XJ6 Wheel Badge / Emblem CAC6502
XJ40 XJ6 Wheel Badge / Emblem (Our price $11) Jaguar part number CAC6502 ​New, OEM Part

BADGE-ROAD-WHEEL

BADGE-ROAD-WHEEL
Check out the deal on BADGE-ROAD-WHEEL at Terrys Jaguar Parts

A quick search yielded all these.

I really don’t want to sell the badge. I have several caps that need them.

bob