I feel unwelcome, now

I bought a couple of decrepit e-types three years ago, thinking that I would try to restore the better of the two as a retirement project. I’ve been reading JL for more than a year. I’ve kept up with quite a few of the topics but haven’t posted because I rarely need help and I’m not an e-type expert. I am disappointed by the recent introduction of trust levels, which prevents me from seeing the lounge and the pub. I particularly enjoyed the guitar thread in the pub. I played for more than 50 years, and two of my brothers are professionals.

4 Likes

Hi Tom, firstly the ‘introduction’ of trust levels has not been introduced by the moderators, it is a function of the Discourse software that the site is based on.
To achieve trust level 2 is not too harsh it could be as simple as liking a post.
If you look under the ‘How to’ thread this will give you a idea of whats required to gain access to the Lounge and Pub.
I hope this helps and you feel more welcome.
This may help;

3 Likes

Tom,

The trust levels were always there, we just use them differently now. One of the criteria needed to get to member level is receiving a like, I just gave you that. Everyone give Tom a bit of love.

You need to do the following to achieve member level:
Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Check you profile to see what is missing. Maybe just one more post in a different topic.

You are always welcome here mate.

Matt

3 Likes

Matt,
I’ve exceeded every bullet on your list by a lot, except for the three topics. I suspect that removing the pub and the lounge from general viewing has nothing to do with forum software. That choice was made by humans, I hope. Interestingly, I can no longer view my own post in the pub. Think about that.
One of the things that I liked about JL was the relatively level playing field. The field is no longer level. That should bother you.
Tom

Well, yes - the playing field is level. Everyone has to match the minimum criteria to attain Trust Level 2, which is what’s required for the Pub and the Lounge. As soon as you have replied to your third topic, you should be automatically elevated to Trust Level 2, and thence be able to access those two areas.

Kinda like a dress code - it applies to all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If replying to a third topic is all that is required at this point, it’s hardly a high bar to clear. Way below the demand that you wear pants when going out to dinner. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, great…NOW ya tell me.

Parole officer says with good behavior, Ill be allowed back into Golden Corral by year’s end…

2 Likes

Pants! I knew I was missing something important.

2 Likes