I finally bought an XK120

That is absolutely beautiful, just needs the hubcaps to finish it off

Beautiful. This car represents the true image of the XK120. Black wheel covers will finish it. What color is the interior?

john

If it’s RED…I’m gonna melt…wow!

4 Likes

Thank you Gentleman :blush:
The hub caps are ready to fit but first I will make the brakes working best.
“Unfortunately” the interieur is biscuit and pigskin, not red :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful Lukas !!! It looks NEW. Sorry Bud…but I expect you will develope Facial Aches from excessive smiling. You’re going to love this for certain. Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Stunning Lukas, the colour combo is so classy

Just stunning.

Thank you all so much :blush:
I am also really excited about the final result after 5 years blood, sweat and tears :smile: it was worth every hour working on this black beauty :+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

Well done!

Would love to see more pictures of this car when on the road, and the interior is just as lovely.

I find the bottom edges of the earlier cars more rounded and closer in shape to the alloy cars, as compared to the the later cars which may have sharper bends at the bottom. Has anyone else observed this nuance, if in fact it’s not just my imagination. Thanks.

john

Hi.

I live in Japan.
Do you sell XK140 Les Leston Boss Kit?
I want it.

Regards.
Akira.

Belle voiture , vous aurez beaucoup de plaisir a rouler avec, il faut tout de même être bricoleur et a l’écoute de la voiture … oui trés beau site avec de bon conseils … gaetan

1 Like

Have you had two registration plates on your 120 or do you have two XK120s, Lukas?!?

Hi Chris
Thank you for your message!
One XK120 is enough for me to be very happy :blush:.
In Switzerland the plates depending mainly on where the owner lives.
Usually one car - one plate. or two cars - one plate, so called change plates…
Professional car workshops have universal plates, e.g. AG 9911 U. The U means “Unternehmen” (company). They can put them on everything, regardless of insurance or mechanical state to make testruns and so on.
When the XK120 was new it belonged to an owner who lived around Bern, hence the registration BE 12768.
My Dad lived in the Canton Aargau, hence AG 40608.
I live also in the Canton Aargau and we could transfer the plates of my Grandfather to me, hence the XK120 has now AG 1276 - surprisingly similar digits to it’s first plates back in the 50’s…

Best Regards
Lukas

2 Likes

The picture in the middle shows my Grandfather with his Chevrolet (far right, Plate AG 1276) at the centre junction of the Village Baden.
The Lokomotive passing by is one of the famous CE 6/8 “Krokodil”. They where engineered to pull freight trains over the Gotthard Railway and where built from 1919 until 1922 but in Service until 1986!! :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful car!! Congratulations and enjoy!