I found another one - Nissan inspired

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1968-jaguar-e-type-manual/SSE-AD-6709950/?Cr=11

I like the bigs and littles: I like the flares: I like its stance: the head-/taillights?

Ruined my brekkie.

249k Aussie dollars?? I want what the seller is smoking.

Foose inspired tailights, but they blend better than my S-2 OE versions.

Faint praise, that…:wink:

Yuk……………………………………………

2 Likes

Now I gotta say that’s just stupid and they’re pretty proud of it as well at $249,000. Tho I don’t like it I understand a drive train transplant but this car just bodged up the body to look better than… what? An original '68 E-type, nope.
pauls

2 Likes

people would stop butchering these cars if Sir William had put wide enough wheels and tires on them

I have seen that one for sale several months ago. Looks like no one wants it.
For £140500 you could get a really nice one that hasn’t (in my opinion) been ruined. I think it looks ugly.
Nicely finished though.

…'ya know, it isn’t horribly ugly!!

In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible.

George Orwell

I’m Australian. I can say what I think. That is fucking awful. I’m embarrassed it was done in my country.

4 Likes

Not horribly ugly, but certainly not an improvement.

Yes, I also like the flares and debumpered look. The rear end apron/exhaust valance has the right idea but looks a little bit too much on the cheap side for me (though it probably wasn’t cheap to do.) Remember that Sir William himself didn’t care for the exhaust/valance area styling. I wonder if it’s clearance for something in the boot area?

And I too find the light treatment and the mirror housings awful. It’s just not harmonious. Don’t put sharp angles on a curvy ellipsoid-inspired design. It’s got Webers and A/C though!

Dave

1 Like

They cooda fixed the damned crooked 710 cap, at that price!

:smirk: