I found my original Trico frame

Continuing the discussion from Missing XK120 washer bottle bracket:

Nick: The bracket on my Trico holder is made of .055-.058 stock… It is part of the 2 inch wide strap steel that forms the bottom and sides of the holder. It is riveted to the surround strap that is of .068 x 3/8 steel. There are no small bolts, the rivet are spaced 1 5/8" apart.
If you need to make a bracket it is 1/2" high and 7/16" wide. It is attached to the circumferential band at a distance of 3/32" above the plane of the band.
My original Trico frame has the separate bracket that you seek. The bracket is made of .115" steel stock, 2 1/4" wide. It is “L” 'shaped. 1 3/4" x 1". Four holes are drilled .212".
Best regards
martin

Brilliant! Thank you, Martin.

I’ve callipered mine and it’s the same in all respects except the gauge of the main, 2” wide strap.

The surround strap Is indeed 068 x 3/8 steel with rivets 1 5/8" apart

But I’m measuring 0.045” steel where yours is 0.055”

As you can see, mine is zinc plated, with the holes for the missing mounting bracket in evidence

Can you post a picture of the missing bracket?

Nick: I’ll try to attach a photo of the bracket that i took a couple of minutes ago.
martin

1 Like

These are from Tadek’s web site.

1 Like

Thanks, Martin and Rob. It appears it also had a P-clip for the temperature gauge ether tube attached to it.

That bracket is heavier than what I expected. I’ll fab it out of 1/8” stock.

Yes, there was a temperature gauge capillary tube clip.

I see that Urs Schmid Vol 2 pg 18 also shows a clip screwed onto the bracket.