I need a close up photo showing the rear bumper rubber of series 2 coupe

My wife and i can not not remember of the rubber fits. I think the groove on the rubber goes on the bumper with lots of rubber above the bumper. She thinks there is little rubber showing

Just this once… you are right and your wife is mistaken.

Don’t make a habit of it.

1 Like

Tom, the large rubber section is above the bumper to seal the 1/4"+/- gap between the bumper and body. Trial fit the bumper to the body first and make all the adjustments between the 3 sections to get the best fit and use shims under the contact points with the body.
Glue the rubber on to the bumper with 3M adhesive and let it sit overnight. Use blue tape to hold it in place. The ends are the hardest to do and cut the inside of the rubber and use tape and clamps overnight.

Good luck Andy S2

Andy

Thanks. What we have found is that different supply houses have different rubber sections with the same part number. We found one that works. We now are trying to make the bend.

Our garage is not heated and outside temperatures have dropped to near freezing so the restoration is over for the year. The garage stays above freezing most of the year

You have a nice looking car

Tom

Nice work on that bend.

I looked at a lot of photos showing different treatments of that area, none as nice as yours and some downright strange.

The shop that did my paint instsalled mine, they cut a small fillet out of the inside of the turn and used super glue to connect the edges of the cut.