I need a dimension 120 roadster

That’s within the tolerance of “smidgen”, right in between tweak and scootsh.

2 Likes

Mike,

Those bonnet gaps look really good, just a bit of lead around the scuttle/wing joint and you should be pretty much done. Depending on your hinge characteristics, you may need to leave quite a gap at the rear to avoid touching the scuttle on opening. This has been well discussed in other threads, with no definitive answer(mine included).

Dave.

A “smidgeon” isn’t measurable, but is noticeable; a tweak is, as you said, less that a smidgen and isn’t usually even noticeable; a scooch, however, is quite noticeable, and doesn’t even require measuring. :smiley:

Where does a tad fit on this scale?

A small tad is about the same as a litte tike … noisy and running about most of the time.

I much prefer the hair metric. Much more precise. If it’s out more than a hair it’s maybe out too much, though it might be out just a whisker.

We had a discussion about this a couple of years ago as I had the same problem. I ended up making the bar myself thanks to the help of the forum members. It is quite easy to do. Here’s the link to the post XK120 tie rod between front wings (20 1/8" long) BD 4469

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with this one. It came with the car. I have TONS of sheet metal parts to fabricate, so I don’t need to hunt up more work. Interestingly, one end has has dark green paint under the flakey black, while the other is red.