I need a favor on my 89 fuses

Nothing more anoying than an inconsistent electrical problem!

Gents …

I’m just sitting here trying to think of what actually works with the key out of the ignition. Just off the top of my head on my '89 model I can think of …

• Door locks
  • Door lock and wing mirror heaters
  • Horn
  • Clock
  • Lights
    • Hazard (front and rear parking lights)
    • Interior courtesy
    • Reading
    • Glove box
    • Door puddle
    • Trunk
    • Stop lights
  • Radiator Aux fan

I’m sure there are others ?

read my previous post, I had every fuse out and no key in, and those were the hot ones!

David …

Yes I understand, what you listed were the fused circuits.

What I am curious about is what items are actually powered by those circuits. The equipment listed on the inside of the three fuse panel covers is far from inclusive.

1 Like

Ignition on relay
Central microprocessor
Starter relay
Headlight flash relays
Bulb monitor / failure relays
Vanity mirror lights
Various interior (map, reading, courtesy, etc) lights
Door lock relays
Sunroof relay / motor
Door switch packs
Cigar lighters / relays
Side marker lights
Powered seats
Seat lumbar support
And on and on…

The short answer is: look at the official Jaguar electrical diagrams / schematics and when you see a square with a number inside that is a battery powered ( ‘always hot’) circuit. When you see a triangle with a number inside, that is an ignition switched circuit.

David. Is your Aux Fan frozen.

I tried to give it a spin but it seems very stiff, should it spin freely? I will try removing the cooling fan relay to see what happens.

It should be relatively free to spin.

Seems pretty stiff, I have easy access to the plug and will try straight 12 v.

Thanks for the input, I ran out of things to check.

Well sadly the aux fan works with straight 12v. however when I restarted the car the aux fan relay was out and everything worked when I put the fuse in?

well I left the relay out put the fuse in as soon as I hit the starter it popped.