I want another E-type before I die!

No worries, there are 6 E types for sale on BaT this morning.

And a bunch more in other sales venues.

It’s a target rich environment. Pull the trigger and take your best shot, Ron.

I know that, and in truth, I am not fond of much of any of them, but I am used to having a ‘variety’ around me. For so many years, the collection itself was more important than what was in it. Now, the tables have turned, and I would rather have something that means more to me, than having a lot of things. How does that go? He who has the most stuff wins? A lot like having a large house with many bathrooms; you can only use one at a time.

I think that was a fair price for a 2+2, and I do want a series 2 OTS. I am not going to settle at this point in my life.

You make good point about cars coming up for sale by people that have no interest in them and at times have no real idea of the value they represent. I have had so many opportunities to buy when the seller simply did not want what they had.

Yes, having too many is a real disadvantage, and the observer thinks that would be a wonderful circumstance to be in.

Yes, and I have dwelt on this for too long. I need to get on with it, or drop it all together. Had four E’s, three Astons, and dozens of other cars. None of them had the impact on me like the E-types.

Ron, I think the period of unaware sellers is far behind us. The internet saw to that.
Car salesmen disparaging referred to shoppers who know invoice pricing as “educated buyers”.
Everyone is “educated” these days,…just a click away.

2 Likes

get er done…as others said, get the best one you can, certainly a good runner, so you can enjoy it…it will still have value for you later…or for kids…the better the one you get…the more enjoyment, the more it will be worth later…top cars always get the premium so every day passing just means one more day without it.when it could have been one more day with it. You can always decide to part with one of the other cars later…to kick $ back into what you paid out…I Can’t wait to see the car you get…and you should not wait either…
Nick

I’ve seen that with a couple people I know. They started with a car that they absolutely loved and stirred their passions, and then added on the occasional car here and there, always ones that were nice cars but not collected for passion or as part of a collection theme. Over time, their passion was diluted and they sort of forgot why they collected in the first place. One friend is still sort of in that trap, while another recognized what they were doing and divested themselves of all but their first one and then just added a couple special vehicles which fit their theme.

In some circles, most notable in the Ferrari world, there are those who seem to have little real knowledge or love of their particular cars and seem to collect because their ego loves being a car collector. A classic example is a guy named David Lee, a luxury watch dealer with an astounding Ferrari collection. But he did a video of himself showing off his collection (you can find it on YouTube) and the first clue was his collection garage, which a sterile concrete facility without any art or anything on the walls. It was a storage garage, not a place to spend time admiring the vehicles. And then he went on to explain that the “250” on the 250 GT SWB was for 250 HP, and then he moved to a 275 GTB and he pointed out it had 275 HP, a 365 had that many HP, and so on. Hell, I think pretty much any European car nut learned before the age of 14 what the Ferrari model numbers actually meant, so having this supposed “expert”, a man with dozens of Ferraris valued in the tens of millions, get that little fact so completely wrong clearly showed he isn’t in it to collect Ferraris, but instead to be known as a Ferrari collector. He’s simply showing off his money, not his heart.

Collect for passion, not volume.

6 Likes

Its tempting to build a collection - so many interesting cars out there , but , at the end of the day , if they just sit in the warehouse under a dust sheet and never get used , whats the point ? Unless it`s just an investment asset .

2 Likes

I’ve often thought of late how much simpler life would have been if I had chosen instead to collect shot glasses or maybe Precious Moments figurines.

Simpler, but not nearly as much fun.

3 Likes

Leave those for the wife George.

Geo- I think the figurines would clash with your beard! :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You might want to rethink that one.

Carthage, MO - Precious Moments Park and Chapel (roadsideamerica.com)

Ronald, you certainly that bug as bad as any one I have ever seen.
Welcome to the club!
LLoyd

“Abstainer” A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
Writer Ambrose Bierce

It’s an itch. An itch must be scratched. Releases endorphins. Calms you. Makes you happy. That’s what itches are there for. You’re gonna be horizontal a long time, Ronald. What’re you waiting for? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am starting to worry about George.
Precious moments Figurines? It may already be too late to help.

2 Likes

Not just once, multiple times. Getting very boring.

2 Likes

I kinda like Wade miniatures…:smirk: