I want to subscribe to another list how?

Guys you have really made this site user unfriendly, and having worked in IT for 30 years you could have made it so much easier.

I think I will now get E mails from the saloon register we will see tonight and want to sign up for others like the XK8, I know I am no rocket scientist, but don’t believe I am totally dumb (keep opinions to yourself), how do I sign up for another forum.

thanks

Gary

Only 30 years?

Would you prefer that I transposed this into a register map, then told you where to jmp to?

WADR, you aren’t the only user to complain about the new site publicly, I’m ok with that. You might be one of the few who return after reading the User Guides and How-Tos and retract their complaint publicly.

Thanks for responding

After many attempts I think I finally am signed up for the lists I want, we will see.

As I said before you have made it far too complicated, the only reason I persisted was that I think the information and help you get on this site is one of the best.

I am sure you hate suggestions but you might want to consider making it easier to select forums wanted, perhaps with a simple check mark next to the categories people are interested in.

I am sure new users may well be put off and give up as they do not know how good the help is here.

Tanks (yes I meant to write TANKS)

Gary

Gary,

We didn’t write the software the forum runs on, that was done (for free) by the good folks at https://meta.discourse.org/.

All we moderators do is configure it and help people get used to how it works. We also pass functionality requests (our own and those from users) on to Discourse. Here is an example of just one such request I have made.

We have no objection whatsoever to suggestions. If the suggestion makes sense, and it’s technically possible, then we will implement them as soon as we can.

Once again thanks you for responding, hopefully you think the suggestion is not to outlandish, that of course ‘assumes’ other also think it is a good idea.

My next dumb question:------

I believed I had sign up for Emails on the items I am interested in but now I seem to get just one from “Jag-Lovers Forum Summary”, is this now how I will receive this ?

Thanks

Gary

Gary,

There are two user guides dealing with configuring emails:

and

As indicated in the second of the two guides above, if you enable “Mailing list mode” and select “Send daily updates”, then you will receive a summary for the activity which you have not muted, this Summary arrives once a day.