Identify a pressure plate type by bolt spacing

I have a mystery Jag flywheel marked 12114 with single set of pressure plate holes.
The diameter the bolt hole centers are located at is 295mm (or 31/32 ft, as some may prefer :laughing: )

Can anyone identify this spacing as some pressure plate type ?
It has 2 thick dowel pins.

https://www.rwautoclassics.com/viewitem/?view=cat&cat=parts&page=463&id=6339

Ha! That’s the exact one I bought a few months ago.
But given this S-type info, I have reservations purchasing blindly a diaphragm type 9.5" pressure plate in hope that it will nicely mate my T-5 (Jeep V-6) clutch disc (244mm O.D.)

Actually I’m having problems confirming any info on Jag pressure plate cross-compatibilities, like how many hole / dowel patterns exist among XKE engine cars. Do spring typ differ from diaphragm within say … 9.5" family ? Etc.

This may help a little

I have '62 E Type which came to me with a 10" spring type clutch. I did an engine out rebuild about 5 years ago. Car now has a 9 1/2" diaphragm clutch. I still have the 10" - can take some measurements for you if that helps? Paul.

Your measurement would be very beneficial !
Also - an info whether the pressure plates were a direct replacement with same bolt pattern, and not a dual-hole flywheel situation.

Ok, I’m still stuck. Tried to ask a few eBay sellers, but such pressure plate measurements are way beyond their capabilities. Anyone with a 9.5" diaphragm at hand ?

Sorry, I missed this earlier this week. Diametric distance between dowel holes is 295mm and adjacent bolt holes are 148mm apart. Paul.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s a good sign, but do You know whether Your new 9.5" diaphragm pressure plate did fit the same holes ?

No, the flywheel was re-drilled to take the 9 1/2 inch clutch. I can’t help with the distances as I don’t have a spare and the new one is, of course, in the car. Paul.