Identify Rubber Mount

Found this yesterday with some old parts and I think it’s origin was a 1970 E-type coupe I owned long ago. Help in identifying with part number and its application would be most appreciated.

Happy Trails,

Dick

That appears to be one of the Lovejoy style mounts for the fuel pump.

1 Like

It’s an early trans mount for S1 E

Thanks Paul, You guided me to an old book showing C24792 ([quote=“Dick_Wells, post:1, topic:420844, full:true”]

Found this yesterday with some old parts and I think it’s origin was a 1970 E-type coupe I owned long ago. Help in identifying with part number and its application would be most appreciated.

Happy Trails,

Dick
[/quote]

Thanks Paul and Norman. Found in an old S2 Parts manual C24792 (qty 3) for the fuel pump. Details are sketchy but it’s a start.

Norman, Do you have any information regarding an S1 Trans mount? I’ve never owned an S1 but that doesn’t mean I don’t have some parts for one. LOL

Thank you both for your help.

Dick

That’s also a possibility, if those are 5/16 studs. That would only cover early E types up to about mid 63, if I recall correctly.

Also used for the motif bar on series 1

1 Like

They are also used on later cars even up to the X300 i think.

Not all S1, but the 3.8 had a couple of large cotton reel mounts like those for the Moss gearbox. It seemed like a good solid mount to me but I guess they eventually succumbed to oil leaks and became spongy. Perhaps that’s why Jaguar changed to the spring contraption used on later cars.

The stud size on the mount shown would have helped identify it better.

Dick, the corse thread end with the integral nut is for the aluminium rear trans bracket.

Both ends appear to be coarse thread to me.

Dick,
The Series III XJ6 has rubber mounts that look exactly like that for the Air Flow Meter (EAC6806) mounted on the right side of the engine and the Cruise Control Bellows (EAC6805/CAC3229) mounted on the left side of the engine. I suppose that your rubber mount could have been used for a variety of purposes on a number of Jaguar models.

Paul

I think more information would help.
Try holding a tape measure along side it. Or provide the threaded size/length/width.
Pics can be very deceiving with no scale to go against.

3 Likes

It’s metric. Must have been left over from an S2 owned many years ago.

It would be helpful if you’d post info on your car and a name.

Happy Trails,

Dick

Fuel pump for me +20

They also support the dryer for the A/C on later cars possibly even the power steering reservoir.