If only I had Pix!

I do not have --or cannot locate-- and pix of my bikes.

My first was an old Yamaha 150 Enduro. Had ton of fun with that lil underpowered thing!

This is another one I have , Norton 500 , 1952, one of the last with the so called bolt up frame , later Norton’s back end was welded on .
This one has not been on the road for 60 odd years , I paid for it what the number plate is worth today !
Was a track bike , used by a Norton Dealer in Bristol ,
It is more or less how I got it years back , I did rebuild the engine , but that’s about it ,
Some of the bolts on the bike are titanium ! 26439_381529467803_4115499_n1 - Copy - Copy 20334_283059202803_4334371_n1

2 Likes

Don’t have any glossies of the wide variety of motorcycles I once owned (all old stuff - Vincent, Vellocette, International Norton, Rudge Ulster and later Triumphs, etc) but found this from 1960 at Cadwell Park.

Your truly driving, Rob North in the chair (he of racing Triumph frame building fame)

Happy days! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ducati Monster 900i, Ducati Streetfighter 1098, KTM RC8R at Laguna Seca (rental)
IMG_0130

2 Likes

My brother had a Monster: I still lust after that bike!

1 Like

Friendliest of the lot for street use. I changed the front and rear sprockets one tooth each to make it more stop and go friendly. When I first got it I would be doing 60 mph in third gear on the highway and still have 4th, 5th and 6th. Got it geared down so I could highway cruise at 3000 rpm about 70 in 5th.

1 Like

I wish I had my Grandads old bike , a OEC !
Osborn Engineering Company

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:20334_283137457803_295803_n1

1 Like

If you had, you would be a very rich maan! :slight_smile:

That front fork looks ingenious. I see that after WWII they fitted a Villiers 197cc engine which was the engine in my first new motorcycle in 1953 - a Francis Barnett (OVC 664 - funny how one remembers the registration number!) . Picked it up from the dealer one Saturday morning and in the afternoon rode it to play rugby football in the rain. Negotiating a sharp bend I slid off and remember staring up at the radiator grille of a large bus which was following me around the bend but fortunately stopped a couple of feet before hitting me.
The bus driver was quite relaxed - merely enquiring how long I had had the bike and on hearing “about two hours”, said that he hoped I had learnt my lesson on wet roads. I had!

2 Likes