If Your E-Type Is Under-Powered

Drop one of these in it:

1 Like

All seriousness aside, what’s the market for something like this?

Have you never been to a hot rod show?! This will be the latest craze for resto mods.

Damn- what would that put out with forced induction? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Another article I read on this, said the intended market is the drag racing crowd.

What particularly impressed me was the 7,000 RPM redline for a 10.4 liter pushrod engine.

Dave

Does anyone realize how big (physically) a ten liter V-8 would have to be? My guess is if you have a V-12 donor car, the frame rails would have to be widened. Not bragging, but in my mis-spent youth, I managed to put an early Chrysler Hemi in an XK120 by redesigning the steering and removing the inner fender wells. Funniest part: Installing the heads after mounting the block. When I lifted the head over the fender, my feet went out from under me and I landed the head very close to the correct position. Guys, I question the 10.4 liter claim.

Ford suppliers already had kits for 600cui and on the shelf since years.
Chevrolet has the 572 tall deck over the counter since many years :slight_smile:

A 10.4 will also find it’s new home in offshore boats. Typically four of them… Perhaps supercharged, with revs dropped a bit.

A paragraph from the article in the original post:

To be clear, though, this isn’t really an all-new engine. Its casting is the same as the smaller 572, however the cylinders are bored 0.040-inches over and the stroke is increased by 3/8 of an inch to pick up the extra displacement. Chevy indicates that the block also had to be modified to accommodate this larger stroke, and bespoke connecting rods had to be made as well.

and the next paragraph is for those with itchy wallets:

The Detroit automaker did not offer a price to go along with this impressive new beast of a motor, but a new 572 with 727 horsepower typically costs around $16,000. Expect the price for this new 632 to be in that neighborhood. And start thinking of places to stick it.