Ignition Amp wiring

I notice that the aft tiny wire from the amp has come adrift
(fractured) on the HE and i cant’ find where it should connect to. I see a “terminated” line (maybe shielded) coming out of the firewall area and its the only thing I can find that could possibly fit. Any ideas?

mark. Do a search for ignition amp in this forum. I think there is a treasure trove about ignition wiring and amplifiers

And while you’re at it, it’d help if you told us what type ignition system you have, or at least what model year we’re talking about.

OP’s car:

Now that we have established that it is Lucas, Kirby is on his home turf:

The “stinkin’ wire” from the AB14, aka, the trigger signal to the EFI ECU.

Jim’s suggestion above to use the search is spot on. Here is just one of the many threads that come up:

Steve: Tks for replying. Its the one at the bottom - I think it’s the Tacho line? Anyway it came adrift and I cannot find anything to attach it to. From memory it disappears into the wiring loom somewhere…

Can anyone provide a picture or description of where the tacho wire enters the wiring loom?

There are supposed to be two wires heading from the amp rearward toward the firewall. One sends a trigger signal to the EFI system, the other goes to the tach. They both look similar, but one is a male bullet container and the other is a female.

Kirby: Thanks for the reply - but someone has changed the connectors and wire has come adrift from the wiring loom - I’m trying to find where it enters so I can patch it. I believe the rear most wire (the lost one) is the tach wire?

The other connections are OK.

Mark

I think they’ve done more than that, I think they replaced the entire amp. The original didn’t have that green label, I don’t think, and the wires to the tach and EFI were blue with stripes.

The wire to the EFI famously enters a length of loom in which it is the only wire, then crosses over the top of the rear of the engine to a main engine loom on the left side.

I don’t recall where the tach wire goes. IIRC it just sorta appears out of the firewall directly rearward from the amp.

Im guessing the male bullet is the ECU line?