Ignition Amplifier module

One of the things I’ve known for many a decade.

My comment was made as to a phrase used in a post as to the use of a Delco numbered part to replace a GM numbered part. Same, so ???

Aye along with AC. At one time some claimed only AC spark plugs ran well in SBC engines. Same ???

But, DD’s comment as to the present Parts arrangement for GM is interesting.

One of the starters Ii used in my Start travail was he big AC/DElCO unit of old!! Rebuild of course…

Now, I am curious "D …… Electric Company! “A… C…”.

.Carl

In all such situations I visualize change of suppliers, Doug - and possible change in quality…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

I can’t fathom how many suppliers GM (and/or AC Delco) must have had over the decades…nor the huge staff that must surely be required to keep track of it all.

It’s certainly plausible that reorganization of brands and marketing divisions resulted in some supplier changes along the way.

Cheers
DD

Right.

For example, the ignition module in question is sold via AC Delco distribution networks and via GM dealerships. Same part. The packaging carries the AC Delco part number and the regular GM part number.

The dealership could buy the part from GMSPO or they could buy it from AC Delco…two different business entities but both part of General Motors

The “AC” comes from “Albert Champion”…of spark plug fame.

“Delco” comes from “Dayton Enginering Laboratories Company”, according to Wikipedia

Cheers
DD

1 Like

And, oddly enough… AC spark plugs!

Something like Ransome E. Olds. Oldsmobile and REO!!!

Word play aplenty, only here name play!!

Carl

1 Like