Ignition light for early etype

We have an early etupe 1E12309 that does not have a 3AW relay. We fixed the charging system and the ammeter shows charge but the ignition works does not work properly. Can someone tell me how the ignition light is wired when the car does not have a 3AW.

Are you running with an aftermarket single wire, internally regulated alternator? If so I think the warning light is something you have to sacrifice as it ran off of the original regulator. Maybe someone will invent a little SS control box one day to drive it but I haven’t heard of one. You’ll know if you’re charging or not from the ammeter.

Mike,

If you have a generator, the Ignition light is controlled by one of the relays in the regulator. Are you sure the light itself works? Find the brown/yellow wire on the regulator. Disconnect it, turn on the ignition, then ground the wire. The light should come on. If it doesn’t, then the bulb is bad, or there’'s a wiring problem.

Regards,
Ray L.

It is the standard lucas alternator with a 4TR regulator. While the alternator has an AL terminal, there is no wire connected. But while there is no 3AW, the light goes on while the engine is running even though the car is charging.
Just wanted to knoiw if there was an alternate to the 3aw wiring.