Illuminated Tread Sill Plates

The illuminated tread sill plates on our 2016 X351 , look great , but mark up very easily.
Has anyone found a way to polish out the marks . It seems they have some sort of finish .Have replaced the drivers side once , and after being very careful getting in and out see them marked again .
Is the only way to keep them nice is to cover them with a clear tape .
Any other ideas …
Kim R
2016 XJL Portfolio
2012 XK Convertible .

If plastic, try Novus Plastic Polish: oddly enough, you use #2 first, then #1.

Does anyone know what sort of finish there is on these illuminated sill plates. It seems they scratch very easily. I would have thought they would have a tougher finish.
Kim R
2016 XJL
2012 XK Convertible

I am unfamiliar with the look of the tread plate but if plastic I see no reason why they could not be scuffed and clearcoated the same as headlight covers.

Since posting , I spoke to the detailer at my Jaguar dealership and he told me that uses a product called Flipz to get rid of scuff marks on the illuminated tread plates on the X351.
I have now ordered it . Will post results after I use it .
Kim R
2016 XJL Portfolio
2012 XK Convertible

I had a similar problem on my Ftype aluminum tread plates. After getting them cleaned up, I installed clear Xpel paint protection film which I can replace. You can get a 6” wide strip that comes on a roll. I bought mine on Amazon. Very easy to install.