Illuminated Tread Sill Plates

The illuminated tread sill plates on our 2016 X351 , look great , but mark up very easily.
Has anyone found a way to polish out the marks . It seems they have some sort of finish .Have replaced the drivers side once , and after being very careful getting in and out see them marked again .
Is the only way to keep them nice is to cover them with a clear tape .
Any other ideas …
Kim R
2016 XJL Portfolio
2012 XK Convertible .

If plastic, try Novus Plastic Polish: oddly enough, you use #2 first, then #1.

Does anyone know what sort of finish there is on these illuminated sill plates. It seems they scratch very easily. I would have thought they would have a tougher finish.
Kim R
2016 XJL
2012 XK Convertible

I am unfamiliar with the look of the tread plate but if plastic I see no reason why they could not be scuffed and clearcoated the same as headlight covers.

Since posting , I spoke to the detailer at my Jaguar dealership and he told me that uses a product called Flipz to get rid of scuff marks on the illuminated tread plates on the X351.
I have now ordered it . Will post results after I use it .
Kim R
2016 XJL Portfolio
2012 XK Convertible

I had a similar problem on my Ftype aluminum tread plates. After getting them cleaned up, I installed clear Xpel paint protection film which I can replace. You can get a 6” wide strip that comes on a roll. I bought mine on Amazon. Very easy to install.

Hi Kim, glad to hear your fortune in refinishing your sill plate. I’m interested in where you source replacements and what you did with the one you replaced, as I would make you an offer for it, thanks.