I'm Back, Thank God my Computer saved my Password etc

Hello Jag Freaks (aren’t we all?)

Just a quick update on my ‘never ending’ (or should that be never starting/beginning?) Jaguar restoration.

I have managed to sell a motorbike and that has financed a ‘new’ car for my daughter…and a ‘Restoration Mobile Workshop’ for myself. Now, my daughters cars requires several ‘known’ faults to be rectified so she can use it, basically. Drove perfectly well when purchasd but thats a side show to be honest. My van will be a workshop/ tool transporter/ power station and 'sleeping quarters…(believe me i have slept in worse locations) but the main point is that I will be able to travel from Scotland to my Jag (in Essex/S.E. England) to hopefully make progress regards getting my XJ6 started/moved up to Scotland. This has been something I have been trying to do for 2 years but work(in Spain) family bereavements etc have meant that this just not happened. In past ‘sojournes’ to S.E. England I have had to pay for accommodation, rent a car, move my tools(always forget something) and lose two days driving(up and down the UK)…Not a ideal situation. Anyway, I plan on visiting the Uk towards the second part of the month(using my son as ‘Odd Job’) so we can get things moving in the correct direction…Hopefully NORTH!!!

I have invested some time and effort (and a small amount of money) in learning more about the dreaded ‘elektrickery’ and things of a more ‘old school’ and basic that I thought I had/knew but have since found out that I didn’t…I hated physics at school but have almost embraced it(not quite though) so that i can troubleshoot any issues that may appear. My last trip I have issues with fuel delivery and asked for advice on here, i will revisit that advice again and with my newly gained basic knowledge hopefully sort out the issues ‘therein’.

I used to watch my dad ‘time’ the engine on my first car (VW 1600E Type 3) and have to admit I have never done this myself…my level of ignorance may ‘shock’ you(did you see what I did there?)

Anyway, plans are one thing, actions are another so now I am back, I look forward to reading and researching the problems on this forum and communicating with you all,

Best regards

Malcolm
Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign (1986)

Welcome back.

I have all my passwords and Id’s on paper in a special location. I have gotten myself out of a pickle more than once that way.

Carl

1 Like

Welcome back, Malcolm - best of luck for further endeavours!

The physics of car electrickery is the easy part - I trust you have also invested in suitable wiring diagrams; the alpha and omega of specifics…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Hello Carl

many thanks for the advice. As a security consultant (a bored one at that) I couldn’t possibly do the common sense thing of writing these things down on a bit of paper…B-) if you know what I mean?

once again I have had to reset my password but thats more down to lack or use of this website as I have been distracted both mentally and financially by the ‘other’ projects in my life…

Not sure if you know but I have worked in Spain for the past decade, that is finishing in September due to health and family related ‘issues’ that do include spending more time with the grandchildren and ‘problem’ cars/vehicles and also the jag. I have not been able to visit the SE of England to work on it since my last ‘post’ but that will change after September.

Many thanks once again and I will be on here a lot more in the near future.

Best

Malcolm

Hello Frank

Thank you for your message and encouragement and apologies for the long absence and very late response. things are changing for me, my life working in Spain is finishing in September because of health and family reasons which means I will be in the UK and able to work on my Jaguar. I have not been able to visit it since my last post on here.

I should be back on the forum asking dimwitted questions from around September as I regroup in the UK, sort out the ‘fleet’ and get down to work on the car that really needs some TLC.

Many thanks for your encouragement

Best

Malcolm

Any time, Malcolm…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)