Injector Harness

I’ll soon be getting to restoring the fuel system on my '88 V12, and I’m afraid to peel back the black tape on my fuel injector harness and see what I find.

I see lots of explanations on making my own harness, but this is way beyond my ability, trust me. It looks like the part is no longer manufactured. I see a while ago there was a group purchase from AutoTrend? And a few members were willing to make harnesses for others?

SNG Barratt seems to be the only source I can find for under $500.

Any other source less than that? Anybody here making them? Thanks!

Greg,
There are some companies in the USA that specialize in wiring harness for older cars. I purchased some harnesses for my 1957 MK VIII from a couple of companies including British Wiring and Rhode Island wiring. I have no idea if they sell harnesses for newer cars like the XJ-S, but they are two good places to start looking.

BTW, I rebuilt some of the engine bay wiring harnesses in my wife’s 1990 XJ-S convertible (5.3 L V12 w/ Marelli ignition) a couple of years ago to replace very brittle and oil soaked wires, and several broken connectors. It was a very tedious and complicated task that was hugely rewarding for me once I was done with all the measuring, cutting, soldering, shrink wrapping, and taping and got the engine running properly again.

Paul