Inner fulcrum shaft sealing rings (C17213)

Need some guidance from the brain trust please!

Starting my journey to IRS reassembly. I plan to reuse the inner thrust washers and oil seal retainers, and I purchased new sealing rings (p/n C17213 - the “rubber” x-rings). I was expecting the x-rings to kinda hold the three pieces together concentrically, but mine aren’t doing that - they are a loose fit. Is this consistent with others’ experience? Pictures below.

Considering the amount of frustration folks seem to have with installing the fulcrum shafts, it’d be nice if these three pieces were designed to hold themselves together!! At the same time, I’m not sure the looseness will cause a problem. The sealing rings are thicker than the inner thrust washers and oil seal retainers by ~0.02" - ~0.03", so the sealing ring should compress and seal when installed, with the outer thrust washers compressing everything together.

New sealing rings:

A couple of views of the thrust washers, sealing rings, and oil seal retainers together:

That is how mine fit.

I did mine in the last year. Yours look typical. Lots of assembly grease is your friend.

Thanks Geoff and Harvey - appreciate your responses!

Just did mine… yup your pictures are just as mine were!!

Here’s a picture of mine. I admit yours look a little sloppy compared to mine. It is kind of a strange set up. You know there is also a “fabric” ring in behind there. The whole assembly gets squashed into submission by the casting that it slips into. This is mine assembled with the dummy shaft right before I did final assembly in the casting.

Thanks Harvey. I think we’re talking two different things but with some relevant info that applies to both. I’m talking about the inner fulcrum pieces and your picture (and mention of the “fabric” ring) are for the outer fulcrum pieces I think.