Instagram pics #jagloversofficial

1,200 mile round trip to the Nurburgring last weekend.

134 mph on the straight

and the speed was still climbing when we had to get off .

3 Likes

One on the Chicane last weekend.

5 Likes

(groooooooooooan… my mom didn’t drive, and dad had an Oldsmobile)

LLo… Schmedley, Joe Schmedley

A step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.

Kurt Vonnegut

1 Like

Must have been a handful… I notice no spoiler on he front.

LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

Family car when I was younger was a Taurus then a couple of Explorers… apparently getting the kids out of the house really frees up the automotive budget!

If nothing else it expands your choices.

1 Like

That’s true as well… I’m currently driving a Focus ST since it has enough space for child-seats…

Before kids I regularly drove my '73 911 Targa…

Thanks Lloyd,

I didn’t notice anything going on with the front end. I was probably too scared.

I think my Hyundai corners flatter…:grimacing:

Looks like a great time!

I noticed that too, Wiggie. An awfully lot of lean, probably all original suspension components, worn some. But they all did lean a lot in those days…

LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

In fact, with a top-notch, all fresh OE parts… they lean like a garbage truck.

They look so damn good, doin’ it, though!!!

My (ex) '67. Tho I love Clive’s OM FHC next favorite is definitely OSB.
pauls

2 Likes

My first E Type with companion cat, both black! And I still like narrow whitewalls.

Rod

3 Likes

…a matched pair!!!

Kurt Vonnegut

1 Like

Nice, good that the cat’s got along, what year was the photo taken?
pauls

1 Like

Photo taken July, 1967 when the car was only a few months old. Taken with a Kodak box camera, circa 40’s.
The photo I posted was a collage of 3 photos I scanned together. The posted quality was a disappointment, not surprisingly. Somehow the post got edited with only one of the three in the collage showing, but MUCH better quality, thanks to somebody.

Here is a copy of the sales receipt, generic form and does not even identify the dealer. Life was certainly less complicated back then. The car was stolen about a month after the photo was taken and the insurance company bought mw another one, same dealer. I was never sure that I did not get the same one back😳.

Rod

2 Likes

Rod,
Very cool, was the car recovered I guess if you didn’t have the VIN you wouldn’t know? Who kept track of VINs in those days!!

The photos are all there you just have to click on it. I messed with them, maybe an improvement and visible.

pauls

2 Likes

Paul

To the best of my knowledge the car was never recovered. The police officer who responded to my report said the car was probably in a closed truck on its way to Mexico. I have no idea what the VIN number was. I think back then there was no standardized VIN format, just whatever the manufacturer assigned.

Thanks for enhancing the photos. I did’t realize that posted photos could be clicked on and reviewed.

Rod

Rod,
Right don’t think the standardized VIN appeared until the early 80s or nearby. We can see the change if you follow the XJS go from a a 10 digit Jag number to a VIN and some XJS’s have two numbers during the transition the Jag serial number and a VIN. Its weird. Would sure love to know the VIN (serial number) of your first Jag, it might appear some day but we’ll never know.
pauls

Our cat Pistachio celebrating her 1st birthday

3 Likes