Instagram pics #jagloversofficial

(JAMES FAIRMAN) #41

1,200 mile round trip to the Nurburgring last weekend.

134 mph on the straight

and the speed was still climbing when we had to get off .

(JAMES FAIRMAN) #42

One on the Chicane last weekend.

(LLoyd (just a rithmetician)) #43

(groooooooooooan… my mom didn’t drive, and dad had an Oldsmobile)

LLo… Schmedley, Joe Schmedley

A step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.

Kurt Vonnegut

(LLoyd (just a rithmetician)) #44

Must have been a handful… I notice no spoiler on he front.

LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

(Brandon Shriver) #45

Family car when I was younger was a Taurus then a couple of Explorers… apparently getting the kids out of the house really frees up the automotive budget!

(69 FHC ) #46

If nothing else it expands your choices.

(Brandon Shriver) #47

That’s true as well… I’m currently driving a Focus ST since it has enough space for child-seats…

Before kids I regularly drove my '73 911 Targa…

(JAMES FAIRMAN) #48

Thanks Lloyd,

I didn’t notice anything going on with the front end. I was probably too scared.

(Paul Wigton) #49

I think my Hyundai corners flatter…:grimacing:

Looks like a great time!

(LLoyd (just a rithmetician)) #50

I noticed that too, Wiggie. An awfully lot of lean, probably all original suspension components, worn some. But they all did lean a lot in those days…

LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

(Paul Wigton) #51

In fact, with a top-notch, all fresh OE parts… they lean like a garbage truck.

They look so damn good, doin’ it, though!!!

(paul spurlock) #52

My (ex) '67. Tho I love Clive’s OM FHC next favorite is definitely OSB.
pauls

(Rod Fisher ) #53

My first E Type with companion cat, both black! And I still like narrow whitewalls.

Rod

(LLoyd (just a rithmetician)) #54

…a matched pair!!!

Kurt Vonnegut

(paul spurlock) #55

Nice, good that the cat’s got along, what year was the photo taken?
pauls

(Rod Fisher ) #56

Photo taken July, 1967 when the car was only a few months old. Taken with a Kodak box camera, circa 40’s.
The photo I posted was a collage of 3 photos I scanned together. The posted quality was a disappointment, not surprisingly. Somehow the post got edited with only one of the three in the collage showing, but MUCH better quality, thanks to somebody.

Here is a copy of the sales receipt, generic form and does not even identify the dealer. Life was certainly less complicated back then. The car was stolen about a month after the photo was taken and the insurance company bought mw another one, same dealer. I was never sure that I did not get the same one back😳.

Rod

(paul spurlock) #57

Rod,
Very cool, was the car recovered I guess if you didn’t have the VIN you wouldn’t know? Who kept track of VINs in those days!!

The photos are all there you just have to click on it. I messed with them, maybe an improvement and visible.

pauls

(Rod Fisher ) #58

Paul

To the best of my knowledge the car was never recovered. The police officer who responded to my report said the car was probably in a closed truck on its way to Mexico. I have no idea what the VIN number was. I think back then there was no standardized VIN format, just whatever the manufacturer assigned.

Thanks for enhancing the photos. I did’t realize that posted photos could be clicked on and reviewed.

Rod

(paul spurlock) #59

Rod,
Right don’t think the standardized VIN appeared until the early 80s or nearby. We can see the change if you follow the XJS go from a a 10 digit Jag number to a VIN and some XJS’s have two numbers during the transition the Jag serial number and a VIN. Its weird. Would sure love to know the VIN (serial number) of your first Jag, it might appear some day but we’ll never know.
pauls

(JLo) #60

Our cat Pistachio celebrating her 1st birthday