Install fogs lights

Please i need help…jaguar mk2 1967

I am confused with the belliser and the truth is that I do not see enough depth of space in the place where the current round grill is… the depth where the round grill is located is little and if the belliser does not enter, the fogs will not enter… .maybe I have to cut the sheet behind the current grill…or I bought the wrong fog (

Any suggestion and hits…welcome…

where does the belliser go? I need to disarm the fogs and put the.belliser on it…I don’t know…???

You do not have to cut the body!!

It’s been awhile since I installed mine, but I do remember having to try several configurations to get it right.

If memory serves, you must take off the outer rubber ring and large washer off the fog light. There should be very little space between the light and bellisher plate when they nest together.

I’ll look at mine later today to refresh my memory

See my post from January 17. There is a diagram of the complete setup. It’s been awhile since I did this, but I think you have what you need. Does the embellisher have a rubber gasket around the outer rim? The threaded stud fits through the hole in the embellisher plate and then through the recess in the body when the grills used to be. The nuts and washers fit behind the recess on the back end. Slid the washers over the thread in the order shown on the diagram. Tighten the nuts just enough to hold the fog light in place and then align them to make sure they are pointing straight ahead. Then tighten the nuts firmly. There should be a small rubber grommet on the very end of the threaded piece. The fog lights do not fit flush with the body of the car. They should stick out. Do not cut out the recess. I hope this helps.
Cheers
Mark in Seattle

1 Like

Thanks so much to everybody …now i have idea…let me try :smiley:

When I went to take mine off , the nuts would not shift for rust ,so cut them off , found some threaded tube on e-bay , a few nuts , did a good fix

King of eBay !!! Well done Ian :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for ypur help…here a photo😃

And

2 Likes

Well done! Send a photo with the lights on.

Soon…just need to wire it!!!:smiley:…i dont know how and better looking a electric tecn… …i dont see any wire so need it …

When I retrofitted fog lamps to my 3.8S I found there was factory wiring hidden somewhere in the vicinity of the fog lamps and the other end behind the dash near the headlamp switch. Been many decades so do not recall all the details.

Do you have the correct light switch with the F position?

Your switch is for off, side and head. Unless you swith your new lights separately you will need the off, side, head and fog switch per Bollixx.

Thanks …let me get that new switch and call the electric…

Is it easier to wire and connect the fog lights to that switch or connect it to a separate switch?

Thanks

Yes !

Seriously, hopefully your wire loom will have the correct wires for them already.
It’s not difficult at all. To me, swapping the headlight switch was the hardest part.

Not terribly difficult as on my car (3.8S) the center dash panel swings down giving good access. Keep in mind that when using the four position factory switch the fog lamps can not be on when the headlamps are on but using this switch is a neater more official result.

that!!! I hadn’t considered it…and now…I’m going to analyze and see what I’m going to do or connect it separately…I don’t know…maybe…

Thanks …:slightly_smiling_face:

I believe that the main harness in the MK2 had the fog lamp wiring embedded in the loom whether a car was equipped with fog lamps at the factory or not. The fog lamp power wire from the O S H F switch in the main harness terminates at the 4-way connector located adjacent to the voltage regulator on the left hand inner wing. The fog lamp specific harness plugs into the 4-way connector and runs out to each fog lamp. I don’t believe that fog light harness was installed in cars that were not equipped with fog lamps at the factory. The fog lamp harness that runs between the 4-way connector and the lamps is easily added if desired and is available from Autosparks in the UK.