Installing Furflex and Seal on XK150 OTS

Many thanks to all who have given advice and guidance over the past many years of the restoration of my 1958 XK 150S OTS LHD (S830975DN). The car is on the road and running beautifully.

A final detail and question: how does one install the Furflex piece and rubber seal which surround the frame of the windshield and continue down to the bottom of each “A” pillar? The rubber seal (also known as a “Ramsey” seal, I believe) would cover the holes for the top’s latches and would, therefore, require making two small wholes in the seal, if believe.

Does the Furflex and the rubber seal go on separately, and in what sequence (I assume after the chrome surrounds have been attached to the windshield frame)?

Is there a manufacturer/source that produces a one piece unit, including the seal and Furflex?

Thanks, again, so very much,

Jim

Jim your car is very close to mine 830933, Chrome goes on first, then rubber then furflex, I will take a picture of what l have and send it later.

Jim

This is the top latch above windscreen, the rubber could have been cut a little closer , Oh well next time,the rubber extrusion should be 18-0050 from XK Unlim. catalogue, 21 ft is required for ots, hope this helps a bit. Check out MacGregor car parts for door furflex.

the rubber shouldn’t be cut it should have a hole punched through the rubber

Yes Terry , like l said , next time.

Thank you Morris (right down to the part no.) and Terry. I have found some interesting differences among the well known suppliers with some selling clips separately for the Furflex and another’s product having them already built in to to fur flex (happy to give details offline).

Thanks, again, to everyone.

Hi Jim,
Here’s a possibly interesting link on how to install the door seal on a MGA, which is comparable to the one used on XK150s.
Having done it myself on several cars, both MGAs and XK150s, I can honestly say it’s no picnic and a very frustrating job, so I hope this will be of interest to you. Best of luck
Bernard
https://mgaguru.com/mgtech/interior/int108b.htm

Thanks, Bernard - incredibly helpful. Very interesting, the Clarke assembly is one piece. All the best and thanks for the information.

Jim