Installing Walbro fuel pump

Here are installation photos. My new Walbro pump came with no attachments, but I already had the 1/2" and 5/16" adapters. Do NOT reuse copper washers here, they help form a seal, as I found out.

One issue with these pumps, they are 8.25" tip to tip. A bit tall, and the long bit is on the bottom. What this means, the 5/16" side will HAVE to rest on floor. So I put an ez coil there to make sure it doesn’t kink, and a rubber pad so there is no vibration. Works great.

But here’s the real issue. Because the pump has to sit up so high, even with the bottom hose touching the floor, the 1/2" hose doesn’t have much length after it turns, so it WILL kink. (A longer cut hose won’t fit under the sump tank cover.) An ez coil here is a necessity. And a big worm clamp. I am actually going to order the OEM hose with the built in turn because I just don’t like this setup even with the ez coil.
Otherwise, pump is nice and quiet. Haven’t tried a test drive yet, as I’m letting it sit overnight testing for leaks.