Instrument repair source

Hi with Nisonger of New York no longer providing instrument serving (due to the September flooding) I am seeking a new repair shop. Does anyone have a lead please. We have lost a few good companies in the last year or so. Any help appreciated. best regards and Merry Christmas to all my Jagnut friends. Mytype.

My recommendation would be Morris Mintz at West Valley Instruments:

1 Like

I’d recommend MOMA in Albuquerque, NM

https://momamanufacturing.com/

2 Likes

+1 on Mr. Mintz.

(Or +20, to satisfy the Discourse gods)

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree.

They restored the dual-gauge and tach for one of my Mk1 MGBs earlier this year, and did a beautiful job. The tach was upgraded so that it will run on negative ground, positive ground, points, or electronic ignition…clever.

Before

After

1 Like

Thanks Ben, do you have any more contact info? I am in Canada and a country, email or phone number would help. Many thanks, Brian

Geo provided the link above

Always have to question the term ‘X’ years of experience’ - whether that means they have been in business for that length of time or the total years of the total number of techs. Not dissing the particular vendor just a point I always think about

In the “About” it answers your question. Morris Mintz has been repairing and restoring instruments for 40 years.

Again wasn’t specifically questioning this vendor.

I’d just use him, 'cuz his name is Morris!

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good lead you guys thats valuable information

Cheers. Jim

I got the distinct impression he’s a one-man-show, likely working out of his house.

1 Like

Does anyone know if these shops repair Mercedes Benz odometers

As I saw other high end auto instruments at MoMa, I assume he does although I didn’t specifically see a MB. Give him a call if you’re interested.

1 Like

Or contact Morris per the link above and see if he can help. His website lists VDO gauges among the makes he repairs.

Back in the day, Morris was the Mo in MoMa.

1 Like

I dropped them a note we’ll see. Thks