Insurance: American Collectors Insurance

Anyone use these people?
Their online quote for last years Hagerty face policy amount is about $110 less.
Yes, I know the devil is in the details.

TIA

I have their classic car insurance through USAA.
Although Iā€™ve never had to file a claim with them, I am happy with their coverage and cost.

I also use them. No complaints after seven or eight years-- but also no claims.

I used them once years ago.
I recall they limited miles/year driven.
No issues otherwise (no claims either).

I use them via USAA. Made a claim for a left side windshield ā€œhockey stickā€ chrome that blew off a couple years ago. No problems.

The right side blew off last winter, so Iā€™ll be making an identical claim. Iā€™m working on a different glueā€¦

I have used American Collectors for at least 25 years, policy I believe states 2500 miles/year but they donā€™ request yearly mileage? I did have a claim years ago and was handled well. The appraiser did not know how to value the parts required, so I just gave him the XKs catalog.
Glenn

1 Like

I used them until I discovered they donā€™t have a milege for towing but a dollar figurel I believe it was $250.00. That amount would not get my car from Phoenix to Tucson.
I now use Hagerty as they have a distance amount that i can use to plan my trips.

Have used Hagerty for years, for the 69 E and a 67 Corvette. A deer took out the front end of the Corvette about 8pm on a Saturday night. We filed an online claim that night and an adjuster was on the phone the next morning (Sunday) to step us through the process. No issue with the specialty Corvette shop doing the repairs, no issues with the cost. Hagerty has ā€œagreed on valueā€. They also regularly review the market for your car and will contact you if they think youā€™re underinsured/undervalued. They have lots of market resources on their website and from that I determined that I probably needed to bump up my ā€˜agreed onā€™ value. I could do all of that online. No mileage limits. However I did get a quote from them for my 2017 F and it was twice as much, and for less coverage, than what I have from West Bend insurance. Also have Hagerty Marine on my 47 Chris Craft and Chesapeake LT kayak (wood). I use AAA for road service, as I have need of a flat bed when the E decides it needs new parts. I upgraded to the ā€˜deluxeā€™ level, but it covers any vehicle we have.

Same here. Most of my cars require a flatbed for towing. Although knock on wood, Iā€™ve only needed that twice in my life.