Interior colour seats for 1978 XJ6

Hi
Could anybody help with the colour for my seats on a 1978 series 2 xj6. They are in need of restoration and im going to strip them down and repair them with the correct leather dye. However to enable me to get the right colour i need to know the colour code or name. The interior is a Red in colour. Carpets are a bright red but the seats appear to be a russet colour or a darker red. Is there anybody out there that could help me please to find the correct colour ?.

Colin

1 Like

Colin,

don’t know where you’re located - down under Jaguars had different color options it seems.

Following an older colour chart for UK SII cars from 1974 the only dark red leather available was called “Russet” (coded CDB) and was available for cars in Old English White, Regency Red and Dark Blue. Cars trimmed in Russet had a headliner in Silver (MDA) and felt door trim in Grey (LDB). All other trim (carpets, vinyl) was also supposed to be Russet. Any difference in color today is due to different ways of fading, discoloring etc. or prior exchanges.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

1 Like

Sounds like u might have hit the nail on the head . My car is old English white in colour with red interior.

Thank you

Colin