Interior electrics gremlins

Right, through process of elimination through continuance testing I deduced the wiring to the cold start solenoid was grounding somewhere. So I re-wired that with a new manual switch through the same fuse and disconnected the old wiring. I left everything else in place and it all seems to work now. :smile::smile:

Plenty more to do: rear reading lights still don’t work and neither do the ignition warning light and the high beam warning light. And of course the interior light switch doesn’t dim. But these are far more difficult to access… so leave for now.

Only other thing still not working is oil pressure switch/gauge (not sure which is not working at this stage). I bought a new switch on Ebay where they stated it would fit my car, but it didn’t, so need to return that and get a new one.

Thank you all for your help, I could not have done it without all your sage advice!

Paul

And now the right hand side fuel pump has decided to stop working… [sigh].

When it stops raining I’ll see fi there is power or not. If not, another wiring issue to trace :cry:

Paul

No power at the pump.

I could NOT find where the wire break was so had to pull a new one from the switch all the way back to the pump.

Main issue was getting the wire through the bottom of the B pillar. Then I spliced it into the loom just before it goes into the rear wing. New connector at the fuel switch and cut off and isolate the old loom… all done and working again, but what a pain! Took two hours.