Interior lights not working

1994 Coupe 4.0 - None of the interior lights are working when opening the door. Or the passenger door.

The lights in the visors are working when switched on by their switch. And yes I know the switch has three settings - on / off / door. But it does not light when opening the door.
Checked the driver courtesy lamp - not broken.
Fuses are not broken.

Cannot find a decent electric diagram which contains the interior lights. The diagram in my Workshop Manual is a very bad copy - cannot make out the separate numbers etc.

Not sure where to start looking. Anyone with a good suggestion?

Check door switches in A pillars, then dimmer. No other suggestions. Those are connected with British-patented bullet connectors. Expect corrosion :wink:

You can always suspect previous owner hoping to get rid of parasitic drain via disconnecting those…

I also recommend checking those switches.
However, on the 94 the connectors are spade not bullets.
Most likely, the switch attachment is loose.

Now that’s the improvement, but all the fun is gone. Pirce per unit of spade connector vs bullet also makes difference.
So, no bullet connectors at all?? Not even one? Can’t believe this, there must be some renmants of the old version left…

Yes, I believe you are right but I couldn’t tell you what those examples are.
Nothing that I recall failed due to bullet connectors on the 94 on.
I think that they might have been used on the power to the radio,

Good news - lights are working again. A relay was faulty.
The main difficulty was that it was so hard to find out what relay it was. The bad copy of the official WSM did not help much.