I’m preparing to embark on doing a complete replacement of the interior trim of my S1 FHC. It’s not a usual colour (light blue) so I will most likely need to be sending to England for the materials. I am trying to remain as close to the original build as possible (the interior has never been replaced before and is in terrible shape). My questions to the group are as follows:
- Who are quality suppliers for interior, carpet, and headliner material? I’m in contact with BAS International (UK) and with Suffolk & Turley. OSJI is not an option since they do not have my colour.
- What are the original materials for each? I understand Connolly did the leather, however they stopped production about 15 years ago; the carpets were English Wilton Wool (has this changed from the '60s?); the headliner was “West of England” 100% Wool (although I seem to remember that mohair may have used?).
- Were any sections vinyl, or was everything trimmed in leather?
- My headliner is actually in excellent shape except that it is heavily nicotine-stained; is it worthwhile cleaning or better to replace at this point?
- Any suggestions about using Dynamat and/or jute underfelt (either singly or in combination)?
Although I am trying to keep it as original as possible, it is not concours-level (which I can neither afford, nor want at this point–I’d rather drive it!). Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.